Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y on configuration page.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the javascript of the site, there are some interesting hints:

Code:
\"migrations\":[
{\"options\":{\"$MDLY\":{\"set_rules\":[{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$APBS\",\"condition_code\":\"$APBS\",\"condition_state\":\"unset\"}]}},\"comments\":\"Set $APBS\",\"effective_date\":\"2019-08-16\"},
{\"options\":{\"$MDLY\":{\"set_rules\":[{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$WY19B\",\"condition_code\":\"$WY18B\",\"condition_state\":\"set\"}]}},\"comments\":\"Older orders with 18s must be changed to 19s\",\"effective_date\":\"2020-01-25\"},
{\"options\":{\"$MDLY\":{\"set_rules\":[{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$MTY03\",\"condition_code\":\"$MTY02\",\"condition_state\":\"set\"}]}},\"comments\":\"RWD needs to be changed to AWD\",\"effective_date\":\"2020-01-25\"}
]

The wheels seem to be already applied. Based on the comment, it seems that RWD will be changed to AWD (MTY02 -> MTY03)... I suppose that this means an update of the price or the drop of the order though. Hopefully we'll have official information soon.

My Y LR AWD, black, 19” Silver wheels pre-ordered last spring configured price was $73,000 Canadian. I didn’t order the Autopilot option but I did upgrade the wheels.

When I log into my Tesla account now, the picture of my car as well as the details show the black 20” wheels at the same price of $73,000 Cdn. But the standard autopilot feature is not showing up in the details. Weird that they up graded my wheels from 19” to 20” at no charge but didn’t throw in the autopilot.

If I edit my configuration and go back to the original 19” wheels with the now standard autopilot, my new configuration price is $73,700 Cdn. So it would end up only costing me $700 for autopilot compared to last spring when I pre-ordered without it. Good deal for me :)

it would be a huge bonus if I got the best of both changes where I got the 20” wheels and the autopilot for my original pre-oreder price of $73,000 Cdn. As mentioned before, my account now shows the 20” wheels but I wonder what the chance is to get autopilot at no additional cost at time of delivery.

I can’t decide whether to leave the configuration as is and hope to get autopilot upgraded for free, or downgrade the tires & reconfigure and pay the $700 for autopilot.

My Y LR AWD, black, 19” Silver wheels pre-ordered last spring configured price was $73,000 Canadian. I didn’t order the Autopilot option but I did upgrade the wheels.

When I log into my Tesla account now, the picture of my car as well as the details show the black 20” wheels at the same price of $73,000 Cdn. But the standard autopilot feature is not showing up in the details. Weird that they up graded my wheels from 19” to 20” at no charge but didn’t throw in the autopilot.

If I edit my configuration and go back to the original 19” wheels with the now standard autopilot, my new configuration price is $73,700 Cdn. So it would end up only costing me $700 for autopilot compared to last spring when I pre-ordered without it. Good deal for me :)

it would be a huge bonus if I got the best of both changes where I got the 20” wheels and the autopilot for my original pre-oreder price of $73,000 Cdn. As mentioned before, my account now shows the 20” wheels but I wonder what the chance is to get autopilot at no additional cost at time of delivery.

I can’t decide whether to leave the configuration as is and hope to get autopilot upgraded for free, or downgrade the tires & reconfigure and pay the $700 for autopilot.

I’m in Canada as well - I believe when pricing the vehicle out it’s including the delivery charge and such (~$1290 I think?) So that $73,690 price you see is actually more like $72,400. You might potentially save a few $$ if you want the base 19” Gemini as opposed to a paid upgraded wheel (like your original order had).

Pretty sure you’ll be getting the basic autopilot. I’d leave the order as is unless you really don’t like those 20” induction wheels.

I just checked my order, they upgraded the wheels to the 20” from the original 19” I had selected. So I changed it back to the Gemini 19’s

View attachment 505846

View attachment 505847

With the price changes from reservation until yesterday, you only saved $510 by switching back to 19s, basically forgoing a $510 upgrade to the sweet 20" induction wheels. It now would cost you 2k to go from 19s to 20s. If you were hard set on 19s and getting the absolute best range, then I guess it makes sense

Reactions: jimmym1981
If you listened to the investor call, Elon talked repeatedly about batteries being the bottleneck.

Tesla wants more $ per KW. This means knocking out the RWD Model Y and the SR+.

The hope is the Y AWD/P will sell well enough to knock out the lowest margin options.

I'm sure the RWD Model Y will come up in the event that demand softens. Tesla doesn't want to "advertise" a cheaper Model Y to dissuade higher ASP versions.

They should also be removing the 7 seat teaser until its ready to go.

Reactions: jimmym1981
as others pointed out, my Model Y wheels were upgraded to the 20" one. BTW, I actually like this one way better than the previous option.
In regards to the pricing info and model and I still see RWD (hope I get an AWD for the price I chose) with NO changes in the price. :)
Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 2.23.52 PM.png

Yes. Just a box to check. I went with more range, uglier but more practical tires, higher seating...
Wonder who all is checking the box? Maybe we'll see a poll later. Sure you will be 10 MPH faster but will you be any quicker, appears to be no. Personally don't like any of the new wheels so that means nothing. Lowering springs, maybe the only thing I would consider to be a choice. The alloy pedals can be had at any seller. It's also interesting that there is such a hit on range even though they are lowering the vehicle.

I checked this morning the FAQS in Tesla.com shows “Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive is not scheduled for production at this time.

My order still shows rear wheel, do anyone of you know what happens to my order ?

This just means that there is no estimated date. Once the MY starts shipping you will have an option to wait (indefinitely) or convert to a configuration that is scheduled for production. I don't have any idea what this would do to your place in line though.