Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Generation Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, I don't have much to compare this to, so I could be way off, but do those Next Gen back headrests look shorter than the standard Next Gen back headrests? Or are they actually 1.5 seats perhaps? Or even the original seats with lower headrests? It's hard to tell from the picture.
It's odd. The front seats are next gen, but the rear seats have the old headrests. Even my Model S 56440, delivered in November (with standard seats) has the new taller rear headrest design.

This is definitely a not a customer vehicle with a headlight retrofit. The Next-Gen seats in the P85D were never manufactured with vehicles having the old rear seat headrests.

Prototype LED headlights?

I just noticed this on a Tesla Sweden club page:
Nya strålkastare? - Tesla Club Sweden
LEDljus.jpg

Translated:
New headlamp?
By Tibor Flower Pour | March 2, 2015 | Tesla

It has seen a Tesla Model S with new headlights off Tesla Motors development center. The car had "dealer plates", that is owned by Tesla Motors, seats with two different colors of the leather, etc. Clearly a car that is used to test new solutions, new components.

The new headlamps seem to be of the LED model, unlike today's Model S with traditional lamps. When everything else is so fashionable in the car, it was actually a little strange that the car's headlights have been so traditional to date.

The prototypes we've seen of the Model X had taped headlights - a sign that the news is to be expected there. It might be so that the Model X comes with LED headlights, and that the Model S is also allowed to take part of the news.

We wonder, however, why the Tesla do not skip the LED headlights, which frankly getting a bit yesterday's news, and goes directly and invests in laser headlights that is new and hot?

The more I look at the OP photos, the more it looks as though those smaller lights move on tracks. Do any cars' lights do that? I can't think how that could affect anything, unless the cover screen functioned as a lens, in which case a bulb's "bright spot" could be altered nearer or farther as a situation demanded. And those photos' cover screen looks fairly standard.

Regardless, they still look focusable..... :confused:

The more I look at the OP photos, the more it looks as though those smaller lights move on tracks. Do any cars' lights do that? I can't think how that could affect anything, unless the cover screen functioned as a lens, in which case a bulb's "bright spot" could be altered nearer or farther as a situation demanded. And those photos' cover screen looks fairly standard.

Regardless, they still look focusable..... :confused:
I hope that they are. Lighting makes such a huge difference all around, especially when you're doing 180 km/h on an empty freeway at night.

Heh heh. I was referring to that seemingly-empty stretch of road....that, when you have better illumination, shows the 700kg moose or those five skittish caribou that make you very, very happy you were able to see them in time.