Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NHTSA orders separate earthing for charging all Teslas [April Fools]

Do you

• charge your Tesla on nylon carpet while wearing mylar slippers

• properly earth yourself with a copper tether to the ankle before touching the doors or charge handle

• lick your fingers for improved contact before holding the steering

• take other precaution as outlined in comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following an official investigation of several complaints about discharge through the door handles from Tesla owners, authorities have decided this galvanised steel anchor must be driven into the ground nearby and the heavy crocodile clip attached to an extended chrome door handle to ensure a safe AC or DC charging session:
erdung.jpg

Furthermore, until Tesla performs a mandatory recall to install an automated earth-spike system under the rear bumper, driving the vehicle is only permitted while wearing approved 7kA safety gloves:
20190401_0942581.jpg

20190401_0942471.jpg

Standby for further updates on this breaking news, but be safe, people!

Furthermore, until Tesla performs a mandatory recall to install an automated earth-spike system under the rear bumper, driving the vehicle is only permitted while wearing approved 7kA safety gloves:
View attachment 392395
View attachment 392396
What, you don't wear yours? Anyone that so much as plugs in a toaster or a curling iron without wearing those is taunting the Grim Reaper.

P.S. "lick your fingers for improved contact before holding the steering" No, I blow on my right finger tips, then my left finger tips.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: C141medic and OPRCE