Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan Ariya

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price is a touch high compared to the competition, but the real problem is Nissan's inability to produce them.

We were looking to replace our '21 EUV with the Ariya next year...but I'm not sure it will be available even then.
Yep. Our local dealer told us at most they would see two per year for the next few years.

They also have pricey maintenance schedules with mandatory annual battery checks etc. Weird.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnSnowNW
I’ve been on Kauai for the past week and today while driving by the Nissan dealership in Lihue, I spotted two Aryias (champagne and blue) in the lot. For a sparsely populated island, there seem to be a lot of EVs here (first time seeing a bz4x driving on the road), relatively speaking. Anyway, cool to finally see an Ariya in person.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids Michigan has some, too. Some of them actually been on the lot for a few weeks.

I started watching autotrader to see what new models I could test drive. In the last 2-3 months I’ve been seeing inventory sitting around; inventory like Mach-E, Lightning, ID4, EQS, EQC, EQE, XC40, Etron, EV6, etc. Only just in the last month has the Ariya shown up.

I assume production has caught up with the demand for some of these models, especially since they are selling some of these below MSRP (ID4 and EV6 specifically).

In the last couple weeks, even the Toyota and Subaru EV have been on local lots within 50 mile radius.

test drove 2 this month, engage and evolve models,

engage is fwd and feels fast enuff, whereas the evolve feels very fast,

interior is really cool, materials is ok, but fit and finish is not as good as the nissan leaf models,

anyone else think the ariya is fast?

I've watched from about 6:00 to about 10:00 of
. Peak charging rate for him was 132 kW. He liked that it doesn't slow down that much even at high SoC. He didn't drop below 55 kW until about 90 or 91% SoC.

At ~9:09, he said 0 to 99% in 1 hour and that pretty much on par with every Tesla he's tested. Too bad there's no tax credit for purchasing and if you lease, you can't buy Nissan EVs during or at end of lease any longer: https://www.nissanfinance.com/nmachelp/s/article/Can-I-Purchase-My-Leased-Vehicle?language=en_US.

tesla is just a beast.... too much competition for everyone....
If the old ICE antibodies at Nissan hadn't formed against Garlos Ghosn and forced him to escape from Japan concealed in a piano crate, they might have built on the Leaf and could have been #1 or 2 in the auto world today.
The Ariya, however, should have come out in around 2015, not waited until now, when they could have had a whole line up of good EVs to meet everyone's driving needs.

If the old ICE antibodies at Nissan hadn't formed against Garlos Ghosn and forced him to escape from Japan concealed in a piano crate, they might have built on the Leaf and could have been #1 or 2 in the auto world today.
The Ariya, however, should have come out in around 2015, not waited until now, when they could have had a whole line up of good EVs to meet everyone's driving needs.
yea honestly i don t understand that situation very well... nissan was the first mass producer of ev for several years w #1 position...

it s possible that auto- immune dz they had internally could ve slowed them down like the o big auto makers... but i always root for tesla and nissan... esp tesla bc they really sped up the development of the ev industtry...

I took a little road trip yesterday to pick up a few items at a high-end grocery store that I can't get locally. This particular store has had Tesla chargers since it opened about a decade ago. When I arrived, I found one of the Tesla chargers had a busted connector. The other one had a shattered faceplate, but it still worked. The other four charging stations had only 120-volt outlets. There was one 14-50 outlet on a light pole that was mostly covered by a tree - it wasn't advertised for EV charging.

While I shopped and listened to a live band, I got enough charge to cover the 40-mile drive there.

As I was about to leave, a new Nissan Ariya backed in and I noticed the driver engaged with her phone. I assumed she was using an app or website to find a charging location. I rolled my window down and she did the same. I asked her if she needed to charge and she said yes and that she had just bought the car.

I explained to her that the only two chargers there were only for Teslas and that the 120-volt outlets were nearly useless for use while shopping. I told her there was a hidden 240-volt outlet if she had a charger with a matching plug. She did and I helped her plug in. The outlet had power, but her vehicle refused to charge - it just gave some generic error about the charger not being ready even though the lights on the charger indicated it was working normally. She decided to skip charging at the store and head home to charge, but the vehicle refused to let go of the charging connector and it wouldn't drive with the connector still in the vehicle. While she called the dealer for help, I suggested uplugging the charger from the power outlet and plugging it back in. That worked - the charging connector came out of the vehicle, but she didn't want to try again for fear that it would get stuck.

I could tell that they were first-time EV owners and, sadly, I don't think they knew what they were getting into when they bought it. I could also tell they were rather frustrated that my Tesla was able to charge easily unlike their new Ariya. It sounds like the only way they have to charge is from a 120-volt outlet at home. There are Tesla Superchargers a few miles away, but no CCS chargers in the area.

I took a little road trip yesterday to pick up a few items at a high-end grocery store that I can't get locally. This particular store has had Tesla chargers since it opened about a decade ago. When I arrived, I found one of the Tesla chargers had a busted connector. The other one had a shattered faceplate, but it still worked. The other four charging stations had only 120-volt outlets. There was one 14-50 outlet on a light pole that was mostly covered by a tree - it wasn't advertised for EV charging.

While I shopped and listened to a live band, I got enough charge to cover the 40-mile drive there.

As I was about to leave, a new Nissan Ariya backed in and I noticed the driver engaged with her phone. I assumed she was using an app or website to find a charging location. I rolled my window down and she did the same. I asked her if she needed to charge and she said yes and that she had just bought the car.

I explained to her that the only two chargers there were only for Teslas and that the 120-volt outlets were nearly useless for use while shopping. I told her there was a hidden 240-volt outlet if she had a charger with a matching plug. She did and I helped her plug in. The outlet had power, but her vehicle refused to charge - it just gave some generic error about the charger not being ready even though the lights on the charger indicated it was working normally. She decided to skip charging at the store and head home to charge, but the vehicle refused to let go of the charging connector and it wouldn't drive with the connector still in the vehicle. While she called the dealer for help, I suggested uplugging the charger from the power outlet and plugging it back in. That worked - the charging connector came out of the vehicle, but she didn't want to try again for fear that it would get stuck.

I could tell that they were first-time EV owners and, sadly, I don't think they knew what they were getting into when they bought it. I could also tell they were rather frustrated that my Tesla was able to charge easily unlike their new Ariya. It sounds like the only way they have to charge is from a 120-volt outlet at home. There are Tesla Superchargers a few miles away, but no CCS chargers in the area.
Unfortunate. Hopefully they will be getting an electrician to install a 240V power source.