Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan Ariya

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seeing as LEAF is based on Sentra and Ariya is based on Maxima, lets compare prices
View attachment 566211View attachment 566212

so, i predict base Ariya (65kWh) will cost 75% more that of base LEAF (40kWh)
and that be its fair value relative to Leaf, maybe a bit more room to discount, so call it 2/3 more expensive for base model.

so if base leaf is $31k, base Ariya would be $46k, before rebates and negotiation.
thats way too close to top line LEAF
View attachment 566213
so something has to change.

They already said starting price will be 40K.

'The Nissan Ariya 63kWh versions carry a 7.4 kW charger for domestic use, while the 87kWh include a 22kW 3 phase charger for home charging. The Ariya can also support quick charging up to 130kW for peace of mind during long journeys.'

Big news for Europe, irrelevant elsewhere

I'd recommend people skip to 22 mins on that video before deciding if they want to watch the whole thing. He likes what he sees from press information, but hasn't tested it. It was an insightful video but it's important people understand what they're watching here.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Doesn't Nissan still have incentives? So it's $40K minus whatever the federal incentive is?
Nissan still has the full $7500 Federal tax credit per Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars

I'm not sure of the current count after NOVEMBER UPDATE - 4 Automakers Closest To Losing Federal Tax Credit of 126K units from Dec 2018.

They still need to hit 200K and then go through the various parts of phaseout.

From FINAL UPDATE: Quarterly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard, you can add another 12,365 for 2019 then 3007 (Nissan Group reports second-quarter 2020 U.S. sales) for Jan to June 2020. I'm guessing you'll want to add 1,667 for Dec 2018 from Nissan Group reports December 2018 and 2018 calendar year U.S. sales.

As I posted at Nissan Ariya to be announced for the JDM July 15, 2020 - Page 10 - My Nissan Leaf Forum, that comes out to 143,914 but could be too low by a few thousand.

Last edited:
upload_2020-7-22_21-16-25.png

LEAF is 30mm taller because it lifted 30mm to help provide clearance for battery
Length difference is cosmetic, plastic bumper etc
Track front is identical
track rear is 5 mm difference, presumably just a smidgen for brake options
wheelbase is identical
width is 10mm difference (mirrors)

in photo they may look difference, but in person they were very very similar, C12 never went to USA, but they did get the sedan version called the Sentra

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-22_21-15-12.png
    upload_2020-7-22_21-15-12.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 66
Nissan still has the full $7500 Federal tax credit per Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars

I'm not sure of the current count after NOVEMBER UPDATE - 4 Automakers Closest To Losing Federal Tax Credit of 126K units from Dec 2018.

They still need to hit 200K and then go through the various parts of phaseout.

From FINAL UPDATE: Quarterly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard, you can add another 12,365 for 2019 then 3007 (Nissan Group reports second-quarter 2020 U.S. sales) for Jan to June 2020. I'm guessing you'll want to add 1,667 for Dec 2018 from Nissan Group reports December 2018 and 2018 calendar year U.S. sales.

As I posted at Nissan Ariya to be announced for the JDM July 15, 2020 - Page 10 - My Nissan Leaf Forum, that comes out to 143,914 but could be too low by a few thousand.

They have essentially 50k left, and a year before the Ariya hits the market. I don't really see Nissan selling 100k in the US before the tax credit phases out...so they are going to have to drop the price before they've made significant sales.

I assume your disagree on my comment was based on my implied availability of the credit...rather than the practicality of the availability of the credit.

While searching for something else, I found
. Interesting that it's being built at Tochigi. '11 and '12 Leafs for the US market were built in Oppama. JDM and some other non-US markets got Leafs from Oppama for '13+.

I finished watching and wow, this is the most automated assembly I've seen so far. I've seen other companies use robots to install the whole dash but that seems to be rare. I wonder how much of the interior bits being installed by humans was skipped (e.g. seals and trim piece).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
I saw one in person yesterday, in black from 6ft apart. Nissan folks did not allow sitting in it. In black it looks great. Smaller than our Y. Too bad couldn't open doors or judge the interior. Liked the front camera set-up. It looks like they're going with multi-camera with Mobileye.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Ariya US pricing is out now.

Hmm, that's it? Disappointing coming from the company that has made the Leaf for over a decade.

I suppose it's better than whatever the heck Subaru - sorry, Toyota - is trotting out with its bz whatever concept. 250 miles range just announced today for the U.S. lol

A nissan looking expensive vs a VW. I hope the base model is loaded.

Its not a horrible car, just over priced. I can't take Front Wheel Drive seriously in an EV. Considering its been over 10 years since the LEAF, this is pretty dissapointing. I don't mind the looks however:

- 130kW Charging isn't great unless the charging curve is very flat.
- The floating centre console isn't for me, milk cartons under my feet.
- The volume button is a plus! But the haptic temp buttons might as well be on a screen.
- No frunk... WTF.
- Trunk storage, nothing deep down like a Y.
- No seven seat option like an X-Trail or Rouge.
- 2 spoke steering wheels are ugly.

The interior quality looks very good.