Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2011 Leaf suffered even in the mild Bay Area winter. The range anxiety was real when the car told me to charge at 54 miles. I love the design and utility of the car but the range needs to increase. Mine never got near 80 miles of range but I hear the newer ones do.

My 2011 Leaf suffered even in the mild Bay Area winter. The range anxiety was real when the car told me to charge at 54 miles. I love the design and utility of the car but the range needs to increase. Mine never got near 80 miles of range but I hear the newer ones do.

The range is so heavily speed dependent. I was faced with 75 miles to home on my first journey having collected the car. I stuck to 40 mph and got about 90 miles range.

The range is so heavily speed dependent. I was faced with 75 miles to home on my first journey having collected the car. I stuck to 40 mph and got about 90 miles range.
I find using the heater is even more important. Speed is something you can deal with. Turning off the heater works sometimes, but often window fogging dictates the use of heat and/or defrost. Bundle that with a big snow and stand-still traffic, and you can kill the battery in short order.

How to make a LEAF look even worse, make it a pickup :eek:

https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/meet-sparky-the-nissan-leaf-pickup-slideshow/

2579a490-3f75-11e4-a643-0177a6096887_Nissan-Leaf-Pickup2.jpg

How to make a LEAF look even worse, make it a pickup :eek: /...

Oh c'mon. That looks better than a regular Leaf. And it's not a pickup. It's a ute! :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

.../ the carrying capacity is ridiculous. I've seen a video where they put 1 tire in it and it was full ! :eek:

The whole functionality as a pickup-truck is simply not achieved with such small capacity.
That's why there are towing hooks and trailers. :wink:

I knew about Atlanta, but that is because I live here! I think it was often number 2 market in the US behind SF a few times even last year.

I knew that SF and LA were top markets. I would have guessed Seattle as it is the next biggest city that I would have thought would go for a small EV.

In Atlanta with the state and federal rebates. And the verly long average commute distances (especially from upper middle class neighborhoods) driving a LEAF (lease, or purchase) is straight up cheaper than paying for gasoline. That and a change in our car registration tax (where you no longer pay every year) made it a perfect storm for households that have the credit and income to buy a straight commuter car.

In three years after a large portion of this city gets a taste for electric. They are going to want all the Model 3s that Tesla can sell.

4 cities? I guessed San Fran, LA, Seattle, and DC. I was wrong and taken by surprise.

Yes, the $5,000 state rebate in Georgia (on top of the $7,500 from the Feds) leads to surprises. It's also significant that a 2-year lease qualifies for the rebate there, whereas it has to be 3-years for California's $2,500 one.

This encourages people to lease with the intent of rolling over to another lease two years down the road. The payments work out much lower than if taking out a four-year lease on the same car, which is crazy. They have a name for this in Georgia, the "free car." The cost of the two-year lease might be $16,000, but after state and Federal rebates it's only $3,500, but you often save $3,500 in gas over two years.