Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Very good article. As usual, range issues always leaves one wanting a lot more.

Interesting note discussing Eco mode regen braking system. Perhaps a desired feature on Model S?

The regenerative-braking system has two modes: normal, in which the car feels like any other when you let up on the accelerator (just a gradual slowing as if from normal engine braking); and slightly aggressive, in the Eco mode, when there's a noticeable drag - although nothing like the neck-jarring sudden deceleration of the Mini E or Tesla Roadster.

What is with all these people questioning the feel of regen braking?
Didn't they ever, ever, ever drive a car with a real transmission?
Or just go downhill in a lower gear?
From 50 mph, my m-coupe in second gear slows more than my Tesla.
OK, I know. I'm preaching to the choir. :)

The average American driver is a complete blithering idiot, thinks an automatic transmission is nirvana, have never driven anything without it, thinks that they are way better than the average driver and that they can talk on the phone while driving. Oh, and they think that SUVs are safer, in spite of the higher-than-sedan PPM death rates in the situations that they are supposed to be safer in. Anything different - no matter how much better - is just scary to these people. Data and evidence be damned.