Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a toy Leaf on the market yet?

Nissan has been sending out some free ones to some owners...
GIQCz.jpg

TdRym.jpg

Can't find anyone in Florida who has any sign of delivery in the near future...wondering if it has anything to do with a fan cooled battery pack and the very hot weather we've been having? Any news from the other "hot" states?

There are reports of Leaf's working just fine in Arizona and Texas during really hot weather. Hard to know how much long term battery health might be affected.
The push now seems to be for northern/cold weather states, with the 2012 model now offering a cold weather package including things like a heated steering wheel.

Interesting post from a newbie at Leaftalk: 2 weeks and 1200 miles review

One huge complaint is that you can't run the heating/aircon when fast charging, this is a really poor situation - I can imagine being FREEZING in the winter fast charging.

I wonder if they tried the trick of phoning in a Carwings request to turn on the climate controls remotely.
I do this when I am in the car while charging. The dashboard controls are locked out, but the phone app request gets honored.
nissan-carwings-app-for-android-os_100357924_s.jpg

I got a chance to ride in one today ... while I didn't thoroughly study it, it was a really nice ride... roomy, quiet, and lots of nice features. It wasn't nearly as ugly in person as I thought it would be (the only thing weird to me are the bug-eye headlights). The acceleration is definitely above average (at least the first 40 MPH or so). Not for me (range) but really good to see and experience a "real" full electric car. Much better than I'd anticipated!