Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Bach in Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the update yesterday, but the notes show only Dog Mode and Self-Folding Mirror option, no Sentry Mode. I can see the toggle switch on my phone app, and when I select it, the car display has a big red HAL eye, with the message that it is recording. However, no amount of arm-flapping and hovering will trigger an alarm.

BTW, I love the auto-activated mirror fold. It was one of my first "wish list" items!

Honestly, I would rather have the alarm goes off instead of playing BACH via speakers with highest volume. That may kill the speakers.
Someone on Reddit reached out to a Tesla/Model 3 Sound engineer and they confirmed that Sentry Mode would not damage the vehicle speakers.

Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is a fitting ‘Sentry Tone.’

I would not worry about damage to the speakers. Even the subwoofer employs a high-pass filter to protect from the insanely low frequencies that Toccata and Fugue employs.

The systems group in Tesla have verified safe, distortion-free excursion in Sentry Mode. All of the speakers we provide undergo extended pink-noise power-testing that far exceeds’ music content.

In short, Sentry Mode is awesome and will not damage your stereo system.