Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No check for update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2023.20.9 manual software update check still not working: Your car software is up to date as of 1 Aug 6:26 pm
that was the last time I rebooted the car
manual software update check does nothing, it instantly returns Your car software is up to date as of 1 Aug 6:26 pm
This is well past the 24 hr limit on checking
I have seen this also, it only updated after 2 reboots.

Second time i waited until i had data signal, before entering the menu where it says when it was latest checked, dont know if this makes any difference, just putting it out here.

Reactions: hobertg
Got pushed 2023.26.7 yesterday without ever checking that screen or rebooting the system.

I’m convinced that screen doesn’t do anything and is just a placebo. Maybe this change is Tesla’s way of telling y’all to stop obsessing over it and checking the software screen every day in hopes of updating. You will get pushed new software when Tesla decides your car should get pushed new software.

I have seen this also, it only updated after 2 reboots.

Second time i waited until i had data signal, before entering the menu where it says when it was latest checked, dont know if this makes any difference, just putting it out here.
Same here, I am on 2023.20.9 M3P (FSD Beta 11.3.6) and it started on this version… checking for updates only when going into the menu after restarting. Otherwise stuck and never checks. Today it took two restarts. Looks like 2023.26.7 is going out to a lot of vehicles and I was wanting the Spotify refresh update and get off this buggy version that doesn’t check for updates.

I just checked for an update. There was no update scan and the date did not change from my previous check a few days ago.

There is a big push right now on the 26.7 update. It seems that Tesla disables update scans during heavy update activity; just my guess.

Under software section, there is a note about the last time it checked for an update?

Yep, should look like:

software-update-menu.jpg

Seems to add up for me at least, my last check for updates was the day before .7 started getting pushed and had no checks since then.

I just want my Vampire Survivors dammit.
Mine had not checked for a week according to the screen.

Did a reboot, and as soon as it got LTE connectivity it checked and lo and behold, 2023.26.7 was there, ready for me to download and install.

Currently downloading via WiFi...

The last 3 times my car said there was an update, was only after i rebooted the car manually and forced it to check for updates.

Reactions: towndrunk

Did a reboot, and as soon as it got LTE connectivity it checked and lo and behold, 2023.26.7 was there, ready for me to download and install.

Currently downloading via WiFi...

The last 3 times my car said there was an update, was only after i rebooted the car manually and forced it to check for updates.

BUTT, that's not supposed to make a difference. 😁

BUTT, that's not supposed to make a difference. 😁
Well i can not say for 100% sure that the car would not have told me about the update by itself within 24 hours after i did the manual check, but with 3 instances all pointing in the same direction i am quite confident that when it says it last checked X days ago, then it has not checked in any time since that and the only reason it does the check-in is because i reboot the screen.

No check for me since 8th of August, too.
I read your post so I say: let's try the same procedure..
2023.26.7 was ready to download 😳
Definitely not a "cosmetic" issue.. it is not checking updates at all.
Hope it will be fixed in this update..

Saw this thread, so went out to the garage and rebooted the M3 and it immediately started downloading v 2023.26.7! A few minutes later, it notified me that a software update was ready to install. :)

I was thinking of doing the reboot today however, I received a phone message that 26.7 was ready for download. According to Teslafi, there is a really heavy push on 26.7 today.

I for one likes to be on the latest, therefore it frustrates me when the update check stayed like 7-8 days ago.

But can confirm it's receiving push/checking although the UI indicator did not update.

Just got 26.7 two days ago. With the date still late July.