Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No dual zone HVAC. Heat pump limitation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this is the culprit in that instance.

From the manual:
"When Model Y detects that there are no passengers sitting in the passenger seat, the passenger vent and controls automatically turn off."

TURN OFF? interesting.....can you manually turn off the vents by zone in the Model Y? This has been my wife's #1 complaint about our 3 and the inability to turn off the vents by zone in the front. She HATES the air being on in her zone unless really hot or cold.

TURN OFF? interesting.....can you manually turn off the vents by zone in the Model Y? This has been my wife's #1 complaint about our 3 and the inability to turn off the vents by zone in the front. She HATES the air being on in her zone unless really hot or cold.

Good god, if you could solve the marital HVAC battles you would be very wealthy my friend!

I just saw a pop-up for a youtube video (haven't watched it yet) that said if you use your steering wheel voice activation control, and say "unsync climate control" , you will have dual climate controls. Will watch and try this later. Credit: BrewersArcade on Youtube.

Reactions: scottf200
If only our car would get the update, lol. Oh well I just have to default to the better half Preferences
Just follow post 6
I just saw a pop-up for a youtube video (haven't watched it yet) that said if you use your steering wheel voice activation control, and say "unsync climate control" , you will have dual climate controls. Will watch and try this later. Credit: BrewersArcade on Youtube.

Just follow post 6
Oh I know, however it will randomly sync again or when you get out you have to do it again. 1st world issue. Lol but I’m sure all the issues will be resolved soon enough. We have a lot of issue with Bluetooth specially walk away lock. That’s a hit or miss and mainly a miss. It might lock 20% of the time

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo