Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same as reported; Gen2 Mobile Bundle. Standard AC plug adapter (NEMA 5-15) and the J1772 adapter.

IMG_0756.jpeg

well, good opportunity for a 3rd party item. If it were a cost savings initiative, you would think they would have simply inserted plastic cap covers. Anyway, I just ordered the front carpet mat, hoping that it would make the frunk look more "finished" and usable for groceries. Minor issue for a great car.

From a bit of googling, the part number for the hooks are:

1116002-00-C (left side)
1116003-00-C (right side)

If the lack of hooks really bothers you, you could try going to a showroom and order the parts.

Interestingly, on https://epc.tesla.com/ the hook part number is listed, but is not included in the diagram. But I found an (older?) version of the picture that seems to confirm that is the correct part number for the clip.

frunk.jpg

1. M3 FRUNK-FENDER CLIP, ASY 1472872-00-B 6
2. ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-LH 1116002-00-C 1
3. ASY-M3-RBN FRUNK-RH 1116003-00-C 1
4. M3, SEALS, Hood, Frunk 1090492-00-B 1
5. SEALING RIVET 5.9-6.2 1046705-00-C 5
6. M3 FRUNK REINFORCEMENT PLATE 1109818-00-B 1
7. Apron Trim Clip 10X2.5 1092696-00-B 2
8. ASY - M3 FRUNK 1081674-99-H 1
9. MOLDING - M3 Frunk Closeout Panel 1095858-00-D 1
10. M3 FRUNK FLOOR MAT 1090853-00-D 1
11. SEMS[CON],HX,M6-1x28,[98],G1009,MAT 1469611-00-A 6
12. M3 FEM to FRUNK SEAL 1127345-00-A 1
13. ASY-M3 FRUNK REINFORCEMENT 1104777-00-A 1
14. M3 Frunk Clip Reinforcement 1131205-00-C 2

Last edited:
can they just remove parts from a car you ordered when the car you ordered had the parts when you placed your order? I ordered in september. the car I drove had frunk hooks and lights in the pockets...
I ordered a car with frunk hooks and pocket lights

no other car company would just remove parts and not give a f

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Things like this make people think class action lawsuits

Not sure a company can NOT notify consumers of changes (especially those that lessen the features) who have financed a vehicle prior to those changes.

Hooks? Pocket light? What else is missing?

Sounds like an old bait and switch. Some people were pretty happy with those frunk hooks and could have them buy the car.

Seems like Tesla thinks they can do whatever they want.

Last edited:
How can you sue the company when you haven't bought the vehicle yet? If it is missing something important to you during delivery, then walk away. I'm not saying I like how they remove features without letting people know, but talking about lawsuits is silly.

entering an agreement based on what was presented to you in a showroom seems a bit fishy

yes of course I can walk away (and they keep some deposit) but it’s not the car that was promised and presented to me. They need to be more transparent. Tesla’s communication with its customers sucks.

they are so public about changes like 5% increase...but what’s taken away is mum. You have to find out through a random online forum thread?!?!

Last edited:
Ok, this needs to be said. This is a $45-75k car. And we are screaming to the heavens about a cheap plastic hook? Really? I have a Toyota Venza that has hooks. Not once have I used them.

I get it, they took something away that we thought was going to be there. Not good. They also gave us longer range, more power, streaming video, one touch driving, a venting feature... all for FREE. How many here were -expecting- that? If Tesla holds true to form, it won't stop there.

So let's get some perspective here before we all hire lawyers and start a class action lawsuit. If you think you are being screwed over a $1 part, feel free to cancel your reservation.

Ok, this needs to be said. This is a $45-75k car. And we are screaming to the heavens about a cheap plastic hook? Really? I have a Toyota Venza that has hooks. Not once have I used them.

I get it, they took something away that we thought was going to be there. Not good. They also gave us longer range, more power, streaming video, one touch driving, a venting feature... all for FREE. How many here were -expecting- that? If Tesla holds true to form, it won't stop there.

So let's get some perspective here before we all hire lawyers and start a class action lawsuit. If you think you are being screwed over a $1 part, feel free to cancel your reservation.
Read my comment above. It’s not about the cost of the hook. It’s stupid things that could be avoided if they were more transparent. They are too focused on what some idiots on a track think about the Tesla vs Porsche than satisfying its own customers. I am just bitter over their lack of communication about delivery delay. And it’s not “free,” they increased the price

Read my comment above. It’s not about the cost of the hook. It’s stupid things that could be avoided if they were more transparent. They are too focused on what some idiots on a track think about the Tesla vs Porsche than satisfying its own customers. I am just bitter over their lack of communication about delivery delay

I was about to post about this. I get it. We are -all- frustrated about lack of communication. I am too.

However, as a venting outlet, this works. But let's keep it real. This doesn't even rise to the level of a pebble thrown into a huge ocean. And in "10-12" weeks, it won't matter a bit.

right, these changes aren't worth getting upset over or have any bearing on a purchasing decision. I had to add a bag hook to my Model S as well. There may be additions that offset the removals that we're not aware of. It's a communication issue - customers are left speculating.

My recommendation - all new deliveries should have the latest software ver. installed and the manual should list factory revisions/changes for the car.

Reactions: PhillyDoc