Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that looks like they just forgot to put the hooks that fold on there. What did they say when you asked them about it?

BTW how was the rest of the fit and finish and what software version did they send you home with?

Fit & Finish was perfect - no issues at all. I believe this was the second 2020 M3 car delivered, they had no idea about the hooks. I'll ask again during my homelink install in a few weeks. Its a October build date with the older v9 software. So excited, I forgot to ask for a software push.

Fit & Finish was perfect - no issues at all. I believe this was the second 2020 M3 car delivered, they had no idea about the hooks. I'll ask again during my homelink install in a few weeks. Its a October build date with the older v9 software. So excited, I forgot to ask for a software push.

glad to hear no quality issues! I can’t wait to get mine next week. I’m suprised they didn’t load the latest software on there. So no Spotify for you then?

Calm down everybody. I have a hard time believing Tesla intentionally left those holes there without the 5 cent plastic hooks as designed. If I had to guess, the production line temporarily ran out of the part and decided to ship the vehicle anyway. Get the SC to order some hooks and fix this issue.

It could be, as some have suggested, a problem at the factory. It could also be that this is another round of Tesla penny-pinching. Either way, it's worth contacting your service center to ask for a fix. If it was a factory problem, then Tesla should offer a fix (sooner or later) at no cost. If it's Tesla penny-pinching, then you can complain, and maybe Tesla will reverse course, or at least offer the clips/hooks as something you can buy in the Tesla store.

FWIW, I just took a couple photos of mine....

View media item 120549View media item 120548
I didn't see an obvious way to disassemble mine; I suspect the frunk liner would need to be removed to remove them (or add them to a car that's missing them). It's not obvious from my photos, but when I moved mine, it looked like there was at least a 2-part hinge involved, so I think each hook has at least two parts, in addition to the big frunk liner.

I suspect these parts would be easily 3D printed, or manufactured by a third party, if Tesla is penny-pinching and doesn't want to supply them. To do it yourself with a 3D printer, you'd need a sample to scan or carefully measure, so as to build a digital model that could be printed. A 3D-printed replacement would be functional, but wouldn't exactly match the texture of the original, and probably not the color, either. A 3D-printed version might also print or work better if it deviated significantly from the original, but it ought to have the same functionality. Without having the part(s) separated from the frunk liner, it's hard to tell how much it would have to deviate from the original.