Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no loaner instead they gave me a camaro!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called ahead to confirm there was a loaner before some optional service. I was assured there was one. I got a Camry instead. Ugh. I'd be happy to drive a Camry if my car were dead. But when I opt in for some updates and call ahead first? No thanks.

Took my 85 to the Torrance Svc Ctr for a rattling noise problem on Friday last week. All Tesla loaners have been sold. The offered an Enterprise Mercedes C250. Drove the underpowered piece of crap till yesterday. They brought my 85 back to my office at 5pm and took back the rental. Service staff at Torrance Svc Ctr are excellent & very polite.

Well, Toronto Service didn't for me, but to be fair, I didn't ask.
I put more than a month's worth of electricity costs into my loaner Ford Fusion in the form of gasoline over the three days that I had it. :mad:

I've had to go to the Laval service centre quite a number of times and I get whatever Enterprise has to give me.. 1st visit was a Dodge Dart, second a Ford Escape and third a Dodge Dart again. When I asked about gas, they said they can't reimburse me for it if I have to refill it, I can only get away with using what's in the initial tank for free. And since the drive from the laval service to my house one way is 230kms, I blew through that tank pretty quick.

Wasn't too happy about that.

I've never had a MS loaner :(

Been to Enterprise 3 times over the last year, first was an Altima, second an ATS, and just this week a 328i.
I keep thinking of all the accolades the BMW has won, and the remarkable level of technology (8 speed transmission, sport/normal/eco modes, auto-shutoff while waiting at lights, yada yada).

I couldn't stand it.

It dawned on me that all that technology does is get around the shortcomings of an ICE. I had to Start and Stop the engine. I still felt a lag when I wanted to accelerate. I felt gears shifting and revs revving.
I guess the steering was quite good, but a 3 series is a much smaller and lighter car than Model S.

It's good that Tesla keeps selling them cars, but I want a MS loaner! (although the limo is a nice alternative)

Scheduled a service 3 weeks out even tough they could have done it sooner just to try and line up a Tesla loaner. Why I called to confirm the appt they said they would try but it was the end of the quarter and...(you know the rest). I ended up with a Malibu. Still, the guy who picked up my car was great and I honestly just appreciate any car as long as I am not stuck in it more than a day or two. Driving home in that Malibu today really motivated me to go out and make more sales (to avoid having to ever own one of them)