Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no loaner instead they gave me a camaro!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the discount was $1/mile and $1000 per month... it's pretty generous given their order backlog, but most of these cars are well-optioned with high MSRPs

I might be getting confused with the mileage discount for selling a CPO Roadster above the mileage that they said it had (when they originally posted the car for sale).

Actually, in many cases, yes -- as long as they provided a HPWC -> J1772 adapter so I could still charge it at home. I'd much prefer a Model S, of course, but if they could supply their service centers with two Leafs for the cost of a Model S, and not be as likely to sell them out from under...
I kind of think that selling the testers and loaners is a central part of the strategy. They keep test driver's first opinions of brand new, fresh cars, and at the same time get to circumvent dealership regulations by maintaining an inventory available for immediate sale. In addition, they can pad sales numbers in strategic quarters by offering blowout prices on the inventory fleet. Pretty much ideal for Tesla.

I kind of think that selling the testers and loaners is a central part of the strategy. They keep test driver's first opinions of brand new, fresh cars, and at the same time get to circumvent dealership regulations by maintaining an inventory available for immediate sale. In addition, they can pad sales numbers in strategic quarters by offering blowout prices on the inventory fleet. Pretty much ideal for Tesla.

Yes. And with the way Tesla introduce features continuously throughout the year, having the newest cars/features on display for buyers is ideal, too.

I did my annual service recently and no P85 loaners available. I was given a Jag XF which was ok but it was the 4 cyl Jag. Tesla picked up fuel costs as well though.

I had my car serviced for two days (picking it back up just yesterday) and too got the Jag XF as a loaner. What a sluggish feeling car ccompared to the S. Tesla paid for everything.

Side note, during the washing of my car to prepare for my pickup at the SvC, the nose cone somehow popped off and got some major scraping. Most of it was on the XPEL but the chrome areas were scraped up. The SvC will order me a new cone and pay for the XPEL wrap.

My center sold all the loaners just in time for my annual service. So much for having performance loaners...

I just read the other day that Tesla's new policy (I don't think it was this thread, can't remember and don't see it posted above), is that loaner vehicles must be used as a loaner for 90 days before being sold. This will help mitigate the missing-loaner-program.

I had my car serviced for two days (picking it back up just yesterday) and too got the Jag XF as a loaner. What a sluggish feeling car ccompared to the S. Tesla paid for everything.

Last service I got an Enterprise Jaguar XF too. What a POS for the price. I'm way spoiled by the MS. Tesla did NOT pay for the gas I put in.

I just read the other day that Tesla's new policy (I don't think it was this thread, can't remember and don't see it posted above), is that loaner vehicles must be used as a loaner for 90 days before being sold. This will help mitigate the missing-loaner-program.

This would be a decent policy. My experience has been that selling the loaners (at least over the past few months) has been a higher priority than giving the loaners to the customers.

Side note, during the washing of my car to prepare for my pickup at the SvC, the nose cone somehow popped off and got some major scraping. Most of it was on the XPEL but the chrome areas were scraped up. The SvC will order me a new cone and pay for the XPEL wrap.

Hey Apoclyps, I see that you are in Aliso Viejo, and wonder if you went to the Costa Mesa Service Center?

I will be bringing mine in for some wheel repair this week, and wanted to know what to expect...

thanks!

Hey Apoclyps, I see that you are in Aliso Viejo, and wonder if you went to the Costa Mesa Service Center?

I will be bringing mine in for some wheel repair this week, and wanted to know what to expect...

thanks!

Albiefett. We brought our car in to Costa Mesa for the annual service last week and they gave us a Mercedes cla250. Paid for gas. Terrible car. Underpowered, cheap interior, etc.embarassed for MB owners after that car.
Service center is great. Very busy, but they do the job. Plan on it taking a little longer than they tell you. Lisa , the service advisor does a great job, as does everyone else there.
My wife said they had a Nissan leaf, but someone took it just before she go there. She also had to wait a long time to get a car from enterprise as lots of people were needing rental cars that day. Took her about 1 hour.

thanks!

As capt601 indicated, the folks at the CM SvC are good. There may be some wait time before you actually meet with the service rep. Depending on how long it takes, they can valet you to work, or provide a rental. You may want to inquire whether they will do any service bulletin adjustments during this visit. The rental ICE that i got (and probably any ICE they would have given) was disappointing in terms of speed on demand. Made merging in traffic hairy.

In for my annual service and Portland SvC apologized for getting me an Enterprise loaner. They said Tesla will pay for any gas and Enterprise gave me the pick of any car they had (took a small Cadillac because didn't want a huge SUV).

Service advisor said Tesla will have an announcement "soon" that their loaner fleet is being built now and will not be sold until 90? days to keep cars available to service. He intimated they will go to full "valet" style service where they bring the loaner to you, drive your car back to the shop then seamlessly swap cars again at the location of your choosing.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on his part but this could be the new "big revolution in service" Elon hinted at...