Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more auto-dimming mirrors on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So out of curiosity I went to Wayback Machine and looked at January snapshots of Model 3 | Tesla to see if I could narrow down when they removed "Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors" from the specifications list. I ordered mine on January 27th and the closest snapshot was taken on the 28th. I was able to verify that Auto Dimming side mirrors were still being promised in the specifications area at this time. I kept moving forward and saw that by the end of January they had in fact changed the details to omit "auto dimming." So if you ordered your car around January 28th or earlier as I did, then you "should" have received dimming side mirrors. I'm not going to make a fuss about it, but at least I know I wasn't crazy and did in fact see that the side mirrors were dimming when I ordered my car. I guess I will be pursuing tinted windows sooner.

Is the side mirrors still heated? or they remove that also??

looks like they’re still heated! Screenshot taken 8/14/20.

Attachments

• 1540412C-E5A4-4B2A-A977-FB86A1B1CAED.png
    1540412C-E5A4-4B2A-A977-FB86A1B1CAED.png
    954.6 KB · Views: 240
I can confirm. My LR AWD I picked up last week has auto dimming. I'm not sure about heated yet. Where would you turn that on? I can't seem to find it.
The heated mirrors should come on automatically when you’re using a defroster like the one for the rear window.
FFS, really Tesla?? Make up your mind. Mine built in Feb didn’t have the dimming mirrors and I chocked this to a production change. So is it that or did enough people complain that they put it back? FWIW, I’m glad mine don’t dim as other have pointed out that with tint it’s very hard to see anything at night.

My July build doesn't have auto-dimming side mirrors. I'm assuming that the harness to attach the dimming feature is also missing so it's a lost cause. Crazy that they removed them for a few months and then brought them back. If I bought mine 2 months later I would have them.