Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more MYLR 2022 vin assigned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way you would still get a 2022 VIN is if they assign you one that someone couldn't pick up (due to finances or travel) or rejected. Chances are low of you getting one of those cars. If you get a 2022 VIN then wait till delivery and then reject it. By then there will be even lower chance of them finding a 2022 to assign to you.

For example, I'm scheduled to pick up my 2022 on Friday. If I reject it someone will get assigned that 2022 still. But no cars from the factory will be 2022 anymore. Model year doesn't mean much for Tesla resale. Anyone knowledgeable knows Tesla doesn't make all their changes on the model year changeover. Late 2022's might become more valuable if the Vision only parking turns out to suck.

Reactions: Jedisparky
I rejected 2022 vin and was put on 7 day hold (that is all they would give now) that expired. So now I hope for 2023 because if I get 2022 assigned again I will refuse delivery again and they will probably cancel my order.

So now I hope for 2023 because if I get 2022 assigned again I will refuse delivery again and they will probably cancel my order.
What is the price difference if you do a new order today? Possible Tax Credit might be a factor. It was for me but my price is based on 3/29 order date so the loss of Tax Credit is a wash. Besides I got a great price on selling my MX in the market and there were no guarantees that the used car market would stay firm. It all depends on where you are standing.

I rejected 2022 vin and was put on 7 day hold (that is all they would give now) that expired. So now I hope for 2023 because if I get 2022 assigned again I will refuse delivery again and they will probably cancel my order.
Why do you think resale will be worse for late 2022 model with USS than for early 2023 model that doesn’t have USS not Upgraded camera?

Reactions: Jedisparky
I ordered 1/31 this year. Current EDD is 11/3-11/17. 2022 or 2023 makes no difference to me. Tax credit makes no difference at this point either, the sales price increase since I ordered would negate that. Just keep patiently waiting.

I just got assigned a 2022 vin today out of Austin for my MYLR black/black interior OD March 2022 5 seater no tow no FSD 19". VIN: NA021.

SA said I could release and put on 7 day hold 1 time and then they will reassign after the hold, but still no guarantee that I will land a 2023 model and I will be forced to take the next vin or they will cancel. Leaning towards rejecting the current 2022 vin and roll the dice.

I think you're overestimating the importance of the model year in the VIN. Like others have mentioned its meaningless in Teslas.
It's literally just a counter, unlike for other companies where it's an actual model change. All the changes happen on the fly for Tesla.

Reactions: Proppilot
I think people care more about 23 VIN because there are a higher potential of upgrades; Matrix light, suspension, trunk cover, etc. Not sure if any 22 came with any of that, maybe just partial. Even 23 VIN are not guaranteed as posted by others.