Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Navigate on Autopilot for Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I felt left out with no summon. With FOBs on the way to fix that, here is the next new feature that we won't have. Unless it is only "US ONLY" for the BETA. Thoughts?

Introducing Navigate on Autopilot (Beta) — our newest Autopilot convenience feature, designed to get you to your destination more efficiently by guiding your car on and off the highway. Navigate on Autopilot intelligently suggests lane changes to keep you on your route in addition to making adjustments so you don’t get stuck behind slow cars or trucks.
When Navigate on Autopilot is active, a single blue line indicates the path ahead, keeping your car in the lane. Gray lines highlight lane changes for a more efficient driving route. Navigate on Autopilot will also automatically steer toward and take the correct highway interchanges and exits based on your destination.
You can enable Navigate on Autopilot by going to Controls > Autopilot and first enabling Autosteer. For each route where Navigate on Autopilot is available, you have the option of enabling the feature by pressing the button located in the Navigation Turn List.

Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)- Model 3, US ONLY!

Reactions: McCaesar
Well I’m kinda glad because the feature list may have been enough to squeeze that extra $7200 from me for EAP! I enjoyed the trial and miss it but I felt it was still a bit lacking on the nav integration side - v9 looks like it makes it way more valuable.

Now that more details are emerging on this feature, it looks like it's geo-fenced to very specific roads/sections of road. The system appears to decide, based on the route, whether or not it will allow the feature to be enabled. So I'm wondering now if they just haven't done the annotation or "mapping" of the roads in Canada yet and thus can't enable it yet. I'm really hoping it's that, and not some kind of legal issue. Because the former is in Tesla's hands and could get done. Much like how our instrument cluster map update just took a few extra weeks in Canada. The latter is probably more outside of Tesla's control and might never get resolved.

Now that more details are emerging on this feature, it looks like it's geo-fenced to very specific roads/sections of road. The system appears to decide, based on the route, whether or not it will allow the feature to be enabled. So I'm wondering now if they just haven't done the annotation or "mapping" of the roads in Canada yet and thus can't enable it yet. I'm really hoping it's that, and not some kind of legal issue. Because the former is in Tesla's hands and could get done. Much like how our instrument cluster map update just took a few extra weeks in Canada. The latter is probably more outside of Tesla's control and might never get resolved.

Could part of the issue be because the data repository is stored in the US as opposed to Canada? Could it be viewed as a national security risk?