Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No referral rewards for BC residents now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My referral KMs disappeared yesterday also, 15,000 km from 2 friends that picked up their Model 3's a 2 and 3 weeks ago, I now hope that I never find out that my name is picked to win a Model Y or the Roadster!!! This is total bs, only place in Canada that has this rule and only in BC would they even try to get away with this baloney! So they cut the incentives in half and now this, wow and I thought this place considered themselves Green custodians of the land...doesn't seem like it.

If your name was picked you wouldn't have gotten it anyways being in BC, this is not new. What I'm surprised about is your 2 friends getting thier km's removed. IMO they should be able to keep it as the purchaser.

Just wanted to forward an E-mail I received from the referral program. I too lost my 7500km of free supercharging. I had even gone and booked a 13 day Drive through 9 states at the end of the month, with the impression my supercharging KM's would cover the cost. Trip is booked, this is frustrating.

Referral Program
07:10 (14 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Thanks for reaching back out. We are working with your local area to receive more information on the law that prevents rewards being received in this area. We were under the impression the only referees were not eligible, but it seems this may not be correct. In the midterm we have removed the miles as a preventative measure until we receive more information. We are hoping to have everything straightened out in the next 2 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus and 525SNAP
Hi, new member, planning to order a Model 3 Performance, in Vancouver.
Talked to a rep today and they said the 1 yr free SC promo ended Dec 31, and I just found out about this thread. Are there ANY incentives at all to getting a Model 3 now? Was thinking about placing the order end of the month.

Talked to a rep today and they said the 1 yr free SC promo ended Dec 31, and I just found out about this thread. Are there ANY incentives at all to getting a Model 3 now? Was thinking about placing the order end of the month.

Tesla seems able to sell everything it builds, so it has little reason to provide additional incentives.

It sometimes offers incentives near the end of a quarter (I.e., end of March, June, September) or at the end of the year to maximize that period’s sales. I wouldn’t expect any Tesla incentives before mid-March.

One of us can give you our referral code. In BC we do t get anything but you would get 1500kms free supercharging

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Rep said referers get a draw entry to the model Y and roadster giveaway, nowhere near as good but still not bad

I'll send you a PM when I place the order, thanks! Planning on ordering end of month for spring delivery

I would be suspicious of that information and seek some kind of authority for the comment.

The BC Motor Dealer Act does not prohibit the giving of a benefit to someone who buys a car. It does prohibit a person who is not buying a car from receiving even the expectation of a benefit because that person did something to achieve the sale.

“salesperson" means

(a)an individual, other than a motor dealer, who, on behalf of a motor dealer and for or in the expectation of a fee, gain or reward,
(i)solicits, negotiates or arranges for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person, or
(ii)in any way participates in the soliciting, negotiating or arranging for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person,

like the previous post said they usually give more incentives during end of quarter pushes to sell as many cars as they can
I’ve noticed they give better incentives during year end pushes (December)
Closer to the ending of December

If you’d like you can use my code to give you 1500kms of free supercharging

You can use my referral link to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award

Right now the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority of BC (mvsbc.ca) points out that referral credits are illegal in BC. The legal opinion seems to be that if you tell someone you love your Tesla you are a sales person. But does anyone "seriously think that our customers are salespeople that the public needs to be protected from?" asked Tesla on this matter in California.

The claim that customers become sales people because they might get a referral bonus seems out-dated and nonsense to me, and undermines the MVSABC's credibility since they appear to be protecting dealerships rather than consumers. And most jurisdictions would agree as they don't have this restriction.

Someone (not me) has set up a change.org petition to see if we can get a debate going.
Sponsor Transportation Minister: Remove BCs "Bird Dogging" Laws for EVs to support a sustainable transportation future (change.org)

Have a look and sign up!

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung