Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI in case someone else has a new car on an old factory build.

I received my new car last week. Currently on 2021.43.202 factory build. I was able to opt into FSD Beta, however no safety score showing up in the app. I did all the usually tricks, still nothing. So I filed a service request, with a bunch of other complaints. After some investigation they told me I need to wait a few weeks until my car is updated to a mainline build.

Since my original post I have driven more than 2000 miles with my Tesla and still have no safety score showing in my Tesla app. I have pretty much stopped worrying about it as it is my opinion, especially since reading some of the replies to this post, that it is not an issue on my end and probably not an "issue" on Tesla's end either. I am of the opinion that Tesla has all the beta testers they need for now and are not enrolling new beta testers into the program so no safety score display in the app is needed. I could be wrong as I have no backing for my opinion other than the fact that multiple people have now reported that they also do not have a safety score. At this point I am just going to enjoy the features that come with the FSD package and wait until I hear of news that they are beginning to allow more people into the beta program, or bring FSD out of beta. I really was looking forward to being a beta tester but it is apparent that it isn't going to happen at this point so it is time to just move on and wait for the next round.

I’m on 2022.8.2 and have 99/100 safety score. Been enrolled for about 6 weeks (enrolled pre 2022.8.2).

Not a single MX plaid that I can see has gotten into FSD beta. It’s pretty weak that those of us that qualified, got into beta, then forked over $$$$ for upgraded vehicles, then qualified again with new safety score, are being snubbed on these updates.

I love my car but I kinda feel like a ******* for buying FSD 2x. Congrats Canada (sincerely), but what about all of your US customers? TF is going on here.

Edit to add: That 99 is with plaid mode enabled so I feel like it’s a pretty strong score!

I’m on 2022.8.2 and have 99/100 safety score. Been enrolled for about 6 weeks (enrolled pre 2022.8.2).

Not a single MX plaid that I can see has gotten into FSD beta. It’s pretty weak that those of us that qualified, got into beta, then forked over $$$$ for upgraded vehicles, then qualified again with new safety score, are being snubbed on these updates.

I love my car but I kinda feel like a ******* for buying FSD 2x. Congrats Canada (sincerely), but what about all of your US customers? TF is going on here.

Edit to add: That 99 is with plaid mode enabled so I feel like it’s a pretty strong score!
I think that is because the first MS Plaids were only delivered in December, and very few new folks have been added to FSD beta since then. So it is not so much a MX Plaid issue as it is no new people added since end of December.

Reactions: FSDIN2020!
FYI in case someone else has a new car on an old factory build.

I received my new car last week. Currently on 2021.43.202 factory build. I was able to opt into FSD Beta, however no safety score showing up in the app. I did all the usually tricks, still nothing. So I filed a service request, with a bunch of other complaints. After some investigation they told me I need to wait a few weeks until my car is updated to a mainline build.
After this post, barring a server issue or update, it looks like Tesla seemingly isn't enrolling new people. I wonder what will happen with those of us "in limbo" with scores.

FYI, I'm on 8.2 and still have my safety score which I previous to the update. 100 score over 200 miles, still recording trips.

Reactions: Mark II
I chat with Tesla advisor this morning. She told me: after you opt in QUEUE, you should receive an email from Tesla to confirm. Then you can see the safety score. The time frame is vary.
When I opted in on my older car on 1/4/2022 I saw the score after my first drive of only 3 miles. i.e. I was able to see the score about 10 minutes after opting in. I never received any emails.

Picked up a new MY yesterday that is still on 2022.8.2. Opted into FSD Beta, no safety score as of this posting. Hate to pile on but just adding another data point that perhaps they are holding back on enrollment for now.

Even the distribution of the most recent beta build has been halted completely, seems like only youtubers, employees, and new Canadian drivers were pushed the update.

I traded in a Model 3 with beta and the progress over the last few months has been rather slow. I'm not all that anxious to have it back immediately but hopefully Tesla clarifies the admission process soon.

Reactions: azred