Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sleeping since update to 2020.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I updated to the new 2020.12 for both cars......since that time, both car will not go to sleep.....there is a constant whining up front that sounds like a compressor or pump running......occasionally it will go down in pitch but immediately go back up....A constant drain on battery has resulted....

I am using Teslafi to monitor raw date and it confirms a 1 min sleep period followed immediately idling for 28 minutes to 4.5 plus hours before it goes to sleep again, but for only 1 minute....then it repeats the patten....

Any suggestions....this is driving me crazy.....Teslafi said to monitor the “Off-line” as asleep function, but that does nothing......thanks for any help

Reactions: Gamsberry
I'm not sure it's related to .12, but it could be. For me, still on .4.1, I've noticed for the past week or so the car is staying awake much longer too. Recently, awake times span about 1h15m, and the sleep times span 45m. I'm not sure what's going on, but that is not normal compared to 1-2 weeks ago. Daily I'm burning more than double the normal SoC, close to triple. :(

I'm not sure it's related to .12, but it could be. For me, still on .4.1, I've noticed for the past week or so the car is staying awake much longer too. Recently, awake times span about 1h15m, and the sleep times span 45m. I'm not sure what's going on, but that is not normal compared to 1-2 weeks ago. Daily I'm burning more than double the normal SoC, close to triple. :(
yes, it is. very frustrating....I have scheduled a mobile support visit for Thursday to have them look at it and see.....the drain is not so much the worry, but the constant whining and “on-off” again consistency indicates to me that something may be hung up or stuck

I had not checked my Teslafi for a few days and sure enough, it shows my car has not slept at all since the update a few days ago
Well, glad I am not the only one....this has to be a Tesla issue and should be corrected with another update....I will let the service tech know when he gets here Thursday......meanwhile, the car just keeps draining...both of them.....

I rebooted after the install was complete. I have the "Always Connected" unchecked to minimize vampire drain, which has always worked well until now.
I parked roughly 14 hours ago with 58% SoC and am down to 55% (I haven't been checking every hour or anything that would keep the car from going into sleep mode).

Mine has been sitting in the garage - comfortable 60 - 70 degrees F there. It is plugged in. Car is oddly losing the same daily amount of SOC as normal, but Teslafi still shows it has not slept in over 3 days now.

I do have it plugged in. I have the "Always connected" turned off.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
Mine has been sitting in the garage - comfortable 60 - 70 degrees F there. It is plugged in. Car is oddly losing the same daily amount of SOC as normal, but Teslafi still shows it has not slept in over 3 days now.

I do have it plugged in. I have the "Always connected" turned off.
my overheat is turned off.....where do I find the “always connected” switch

I disconnected Teslafi from my car........went out right after that to see if anything had happened....nothing yet......2 hrs later, I went out and listened to hear it still whining up and down trying to sleep.....then it suddenly stopped and was as quiet as a mouse.......well just as I thought to myself it was Teslafi, the noise started all over again and you could hear it trying to sleep.....I am so sure this is a Teslafi issue.....it only started after 2020.81.1 and continues now at a greater time with 2020.12.....

Tesla says to some this is normal however, with eh car trying to sleep and making a high pitch whine and trying cycle to sleep is something they will probably not be able to deny or say it is normal.....we’ll see what they say when I take it in with the video

car is really acting crazy now....high pitch whine followed by a low pitch whine for about 10 seconds......then a thud sound like a charging cycle......the goes to sleep.....after about 30 seconds this same type cycle starts over again......

this is different from what I reported earlier......so, at 1330, I started up Teslafi to see what differences if any will show up......I will follow up

here is the look at raw data from Teslafi

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.57.49 PM.png

still cycling

I've never had that setting on (I turned it off a long time ago when it first came out), but maybe I need to verify. Every once in a while it seems like a bit flips somewhere...
nope....mine is off....sentry off.....ac/heat off.....My MS sometimes shows “Car Off”.....but I have set Teslafi to show car “asleep” when Off-line......this seems to works as no range loss is seen.....then for no reason, car automatically wakes up....I do not use the app to review the numbers....so I really dont know what is going on....wife’s car has now been asleep for 2 hrs....longest period of time for 3 days.......

having turned Teslafi back on yesterday afternoon, my M3 has been asleep now for over 17 hrs with no waking periods of time......my MS has been asleep for 9 straight hrs. I am not a very patient person because when I change the Teslafi setting I forgot it took 15-30 minutes for it to re-cycle and become active and made other changes without giving time for them to be incorporated ( my issue)....

in looking at there release of 2020.12 today, it appears there has been a dramatic drop in the releases.....dont know why, but it could be that Tesla may have found an issue and decided to fix it in the background and decided not to make it a general fix release.....this seems to coincide with the lowering of the releases....JMHO.....so I am going to be monitoring today since we in Irvine, Ca are under order not to venture out because of corona.....

I realized yesterday that I had not done anything with my MS since it got the upgrade. No drives or anything. Yesterday it charged itself back up to 80% and then went offline on it's own. According to Teslafi, it's been offline for almost 20 hours now.

One of the tell tale signs of it not going to sleep was the IC and charge port green light were always on. A quick glance at the car now both are off so I think mine is okay now....