Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No v9 yet, anyone in the same boat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I was "left behind", I tried to connect to wifi when v9 was first announced, by using a spotty repeater (I have an external garage). Anyways I ditched the repeater since I always received updates pretty immediately via LTE. Still nothing.

Someone make me feel better, are we still like 50/50 on rollout or am I like part of the 5% that missed it.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Ditto. I called Tesla and they said it was pushed to my car 5 days ago but I think was cancelled. They claim you don't have to have Wifi to get it but will obviously take longer without it. I have no idea what the timing is, but according to Teslafi there's still 20-30% without it.

Reactions: pazdan
According to the sites that monitor the updates, very few Model 3’s have received the updates. Most have been S and X. The software versions have also gone from 39.6 to 39.7 to 40.0 as they have made numerous fixes. I for one prefer to wait until most bug fixes are complete.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
Not here, but I'm always the last to get updates. No wifi available, zero LTE signal in my garage (even when parked outside, signal usually not strong enough to receive an update - I did once.) Normally I only get them when I go park somewhere in-town for several hours, which only happens once every few weeks.

But I get to drive on awesome rural roads every time I leave the house. :D

Still no V9 here after Tesla teased me by sending to my car while I was out of town and then pulling it before I got back, lmao. It’s going in for tint, ppf, and ceramic coat next week, so I’m betting with my luck Tesla will push the update while the car is at the shop and pull it before I get it back.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Still no V9 here after Tesla teased me by sending to my car while I was out of town and then pulling it before I got back, lmao. It’s going in for tint, ppf, and ceramic coat next week, so I’m betting with my luck Tesla will push the update while the car is at the shop and pull it before I get it back.

Just got the update notification again about ten minutes ago after I got home. Car looks like it only downloaded about 100 MB today off my Wi-Fi, so either the car never deleted the update it downloaded before and just got notified by Tesla that the update was available again, or it downloaded the update via LTE while I was out. Updating now.