Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No v9 yet, anyone in the same boat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have V9 and if I could go back to V8 right now, I think I would. On V9 my HVAC works only intermittently, which is not super fun with a frozen windshield in the morning. In my mind HVAC that works 100% of the time trumps the 360 visualization and Atari games.

I just got my car back from service and they basically told me mechanically there was nothing wrong, I just need to wait for a fix in a future firmware update.

Not super excited about that resolution...

I have V9 and if I could go back to V8 right now, I think I would. On V9 my HVAC works only intermittently, which is not super fun with a frozen windshield in the morning. In my mind HVAC that works 100% of the time trumps the 360 visualization and Atari games.

I just got my car back from service and they basically told me mechanically there was nothing wrong, I just need to wait for a fix in a future firmware update.

Not super excited about that resolution...

That’s frustrating. What version do you have?

OK, after patiently waiting a week + for the update since I was teased with the update over a week ago (got an alert on my phone that an update was ready while I was out for the weekend, only to return and have the release pulled)....anyway, stopped by the Tesla SC this afternoon. The tech took my VIN, looked it up and said - we need to update the SW for the Battery Management System BEFORE you can download v9. Requires a service appointment. So dropping the car off on Wednesday at which time they'll update the BMS SW as well as upgrade the car to v9.

Well, finally got v9 aka 39.7.1, now got to go format a usb drive for the camera.

This is my first update since receiving the car 9/29, at least I now know that updating via my wifi setup is good to go.

Now, patiently awaiting for 40.x to arrive.

Well what the heck. I got mine st 1230 pst and it’s 39.7.1 lol
from everything i can gather, they push split up files of an update to the car over time, and once those all complete they push the notification to update. So your car prob just took a while to get all the files for 39.7.1. I even saw somewhere (maybe on here?) that someone just got 36.2 ‍♂️