Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise Change after update??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how Tesla could change the sound with just a software update.
its about updating the framwere

They can change how the inverter works, it is software driven. The inverter makes noise as it changes DC to AC.

They can change how the motors are driven by the AC from the inverter. Motors make noise, and snaptube vidmate make different noises depending on how they are driven.

All this is done by software, can be changed, and is changed. It is how they give extra power such as the 5% boosts and the Acceleration Boost.

Do you mean firmware? If so, I don't get your point. Or are you making a play or words trying to be funny? (Fram is an air filter company here in the US.)

Firmware (or whatever you want to call it) aside, we know Tesla is constantly tweaking things. Just because the public release notes don't say they tweaked something for motor or inverter efficiency, that doesn't mean it wasn't done. Any changes or tweaks to the software that runs the inverter or motor can result in something sounding different.

When my car went from 2019.35.1 to 2020.8.2 it sounded different. I noticed it when I first took it out after the update, but kind of assured myself that it was just me imagining things because the car was new. It wasn't until I read other people's comments that I realized it was different after the update and not my imagination.

Reactions: M109Rider