Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad wireless charger, new or old?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my setup with version 1...

I used a USB hub to power Jedda..no battery needed.

Attachments

• 52505767-6B58-440C-A0AE-553B8A9E445B.jpeg
    52505767-6B58-440C-A0AE-553B8A9E445B.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Just received my Nomad. On the back it does read like it has a battery inside. Did anyone get confirmation from the company that they are not just using back shells already produced for V1 on V2 models?

The way I see it, there is no real difference but would be good to know.

Side note - This mat is really nice and feels like quality in comparison to Jeda mat I tried but returned because phone kept flying off. This ledge should do the trick.

Are the latest V1 units coming with cables that are long enough to reach the car's ports with the shelf all the way up? Originally, those cables were too short. How they missed that little detail is beyond me. They just needed about one more inch.

Yes you need to plug both cables in. They recommend the Onvian male to female splitter.
I'm almost positive (almost!) that you only need both cables plugged in if you'd like to use both sides of the charging pad. OK for one cable only if you only plan to use one side of the pad. That's how it worked with V1 of the pad. Somebody should confirm that this is still the case?

Just to be clear, do we need to plug in two cables with the Nomad? If so, and they send along money for the splitter, do they recommend which splitter to purchase?

I started out with a splitter but didn't like the cable mess it leaves in the console bin.

I purchased this thing and think it's much better. It fits perfectly, tidies up the cables and leaves enough ports for both USB music drive (if desired) and a drive for dash cam footage.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What do you mean "open the shelf all the way"?
So there's a pretty lid on top. Hidden below that is a hinged "shelf." I'm calling the thing where the phone sits (and the charge pad sits) the "shelf." Can you lift that hinged shelf all the way as high as it will go when the cords are plugged in (or being plugged in)? The initial cable length was so short that I could just barely lift that shelf enough to reach under there blindly to plug them in. And once plugged in, if that shelf were lifted too high (to reach something in the bin below, perhaps) it could easily damage the cords or the connectors or both.

I'm almost positive (almost!) that you only need both cables plugged in if you'd like to use both sides of the charging pad. OK for one cable only if you only plan to use one side of the pad. That's how it worked with V1 of the pad. Somebody should confirm that this is still the case?

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow and I will test it. I only need one side to change.

Incorrect. Just got mine today, only plugged in one cable, I can charge two iPhone X’s side by side. Not sure how fast they will charge, but it’s working.