Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner First Production window just got pushed back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was also adjusted. It's now where I expected, after taking Troy's estimator sheet and then adjusting that date for using VIN based estimates. I figured First Production near end of July, they are saying May-Jul window.

P.S. Note that AWD is now estimated to be available for me before SR.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 6.28.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 6.28.24 PM.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Non-owner originally first production Jan-March, then Feb-April, now May-July. 2019 for a standard battery! This is beyond frustrating, I’m realistically looking at losing the full tax credit now. I wasn’t really insterested in the standard battery but it’s kind of convenient they didn’t even mention it’s slated for late 2018/2019 now. I’m sure we won’t be seeing a white interior anytime soon.

Attachments

• F0425860-0819-404F-B3D1-4314B838A542.png
    F0425860-0819-404F-B3D1-4314B838A542.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: DamageInc
Non-owner originally first production Jan-March, then Feb-April, now May-July. 2019 for a standard battery! This is beyond frustrating, I’m realistically looking at losing the full tax credit now. I wasn’t really insterested in the standard battery but it’s kind of convenient they didn’t even mention it’s slated for late 2018/2019 now.
They alluded to it obliquely in the call, talking about refocusing to higher margin orders.

P.S. Good chance you'll still get the full rebate if you take delivery by Sept 30. Best estimates are putting the 200K breakpoint to start the clock in April, which is Q2.

• Informative
Reactions: jsrawa
This really blows. Was holding out for SR w/PUP sometime in Mid 2018 (had an “early 2018” estimate). Now it looks like I’ll have to decide between LR at full credit or SR with half (or maybe less) credit.
I was "Early '18" and got pushed back to "Late '18". I find this absurd. It will be 2 and half years since I put down the deposit. This was supposed to be "an easier car to manufacture" because of all the reasons they gave over the past two years. This *sugar* should have been figured out by now.

I'm one of the biggest longs and positive people about this company, but this is getting ****ing old.

Ordered morning of April 1st, originally Feb - Apr, then Mar - May, now Jun - Aug for first production delivery. Have to turn in a car on lease next month and had planned to be a single-car family for a few months, thinking June was worst case scenario. Now it seems like September would be our worst case in this new window...complicates things for sure.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I’ll add mine to the thread:

Non owner in the PNW.
Reserved 11/30/2016

First estimate was Feb-April (I believe)
2nd estimate was Mar-May
And now I’m July-Sep for First Production, Early 2019 for Standard Battery, and late 2018 for Dual Motors.

I’m not in much of a hurry. I hope Tesla works out some of the build issues they’ve had with early productions before I take possession.