Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non- Owners Invitees: Are you configuring or deferring?

Did you chose to Configure or Wait?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they hit 200k in July, then you get all of Q3 (Jul-Sep) and all of Q4 (Oct-Dec) with the full federal tax credit. If they hit it before July 1, then you will only get Q2 + Q3.

Ah, thank you for the clarification -- I had read that before but clearly forgot that it's good for the quarter *after* they hit a threshold. Amazing how many times I can read these federal rebate tracking articles and still forget. :/

So... updated reasons/thoughts surrounding waiting for the AWD...
a) I can sit on the reservation as long as I like; I won't get kicked out of line
b) assuming Tesla throttle production so they hit 200k cars in July, the $7500 credit will be good for all of Q3 AND Q4 2018
c) given the typical delays, it seems a bit optimistic to think I can get the AWD Model 3 by 12/30/2018

So.. mostly the same, but it seems like the AWD Model 3 might delivery prior to 12/30/2018.

Ah, thank you for the clarification -- I had read that before but clearly forgot that it's good for the quarter *after* they hit a threshold. Amazing how many times I can read these federal rebate tracking articles and still forget. :/

So... updated reasons/thoughts surrounding waiting for the AWD...
a) I can sit on the reservation as long as I like; I won't get kicked out of line
b) assuming Tesla throttle production so they hit 200k cars in July, the $7500 credit will be good for all of Q3 AND Q4 2018
c) given the typical delays, it seems a bit optimistic to think I can get the AWD Model 3 by 12/30/2018

So.. mostly the same, but it seems like the AWD Model 3 might delivery prior to 12/30/2018.
My plan is to get the AWD version, and I believe Tesla will make sure to hit 200k in July. If Elon is right about July being when they will get to 5k/week being produced, then I think there's a decent chance of the AWD being available with full rebate for any Mar 31 or Apr 1 reservation holders.

All I know is that as soon as AWD is available for me to configure, I'll have that thing configured in 2 seconds. I already know exactly what I'm planning on getting. :)

My plan is to get the AWD version, and I believe Tesla will make sure to hit 200k in July. If Elon is right about July being when they will get to 5k/week being produced, then I think there's a decent chance of the AWD being available with full rebate for any Mar 31 or Apr 1 reservation holders.

All I know is that as soon as AWD is available for me to configure, I'll have that thing configured in 2 seconds. I already know exactly what I'm planning on getting. :)

Do you have a price threshold for getting AWD? What do you think it will be? $5k?

Do you have a price threshold for getting AWD? What do you think it will be? $5k?
Elon tweeted back in 2016 that it will be less than $5k. I don't know if that means $4500 or if it could be even less.

He also tweeted that Air Suspension is tied to AWD. So you can't get air suspension without AWD, but that does not mean that AWD will come with air suspension. But I think it's likely that to get AWD, you also get air suspension, since it seems weird that they would have two suspension systems for AWD (and people have already noted that to have coil springs suspension in AWD would require rework of the front, since the front motor would clearly interfere with where the springs currently are). So my thought is that AWD + Air Suspension will be $4-4.5k.

I debated waiting for the AWD model as many have debated here. But the opportunity to get my model 3 within 4-6 weeks and ensuring the full rebate amount was too tempting. I have other vehicles that are AWD so I could do without it on my model 3. But for those who live in areas with severe winter storms, I understand the value in waiting for the AWD version.

I got invited on Feb 22 and deferred my order but I kept coming back to these forums and I could not wait any longer. I just placed my order today! Now the wait continues for the elusive VIN.

I was going to wait for AWD but I am in Central Cali so somewhat mild cold weather here.