Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda hate you...

Chicago - Non-owner

3/31 Reservation
6/26 Order Blue Non-P AWD 19"
7/23 Changed to white interior

Bubkis on my end. Allow me my jealousy while I go pout

If it makes you feel any better I was kind of hoping it would take longer! I really wanted to see a white interior M3 before my edit button disappeared! They did give me option of giving up the VIN and then when I am ready let them know and I would be assigned a new VIN at that time and not be in the back of the line, but I am not sure I trust that process esp with 12/31 approaching. Said I have a week to think about it, I will probably move forward...

If it makes you feel any better I was kind of hoping it would take longer! I really wanted to see a white interior M3 before my edit button disappeared! They did give me option of giving up the VIN and then when I am ready let them know and I would be assigned a new VIN at that time and not be in the back of the line, but I am not sure I trust that process esp with 12/31 approaching. Said I have a week to think about it, I will probably move forward...
You could just throw it my way... Happy to take it off your hands lol

Non-owner
Reserved: 1/27/2018
Invited & Configured: 6/28/18, 6/30/18
Silver, AWD (non-p), 19", EAP, White interior
Trade-in (3-series), Financing
Estimated delivery: Oct '18 - Dec '18

Made about 30 changes (incl. eating recent price increases); recent page update shows single "Manage" panel with my car config ("Edit" button still available); no contact outside of Tesla's solar panel and test drive queries.

Troys sheet has KIKNGAS in Parker CO scheduled for the first spreadsheet delivery tomorrow. I'm on roughly day 6 of waiting on the trade-in quote.

White.JPG

Reactions: Need and EVGhost3
I placed a reservation on 5/5, several months after reservations opened public. I'm in PA.
Got my invite to configure with the large wave several months ago.
Placed order for LR AWD, 19" wheels, Blue paint, black interior. No EAP.
Sept-Nov delivery window.

When white interior became an option, I sent an email asking if it was possible to upgrade to white interior.
They replied back with a form asking what I would want changed. I replied asking if white was possible, and if this would delay delivery.

A few days later my account updated to a performance model, white interior, and 18" aero wheels. With December delivery estimate.

I immediately contacted them and they apologized and sent me another email form asking what my car should be.
I replied back with screenshot of my original purchase agreement, stating I would like white interior if possible.

Several days later my account updated again, back to non performance model, with a white interior, but still with aero wheels.
Still December delivery estimate.

I immediately called again and was put on hold. Was promised a manager would look into this and everything would be taken care of.
I was told I would not lose the premium connectivity even though my order had changed on Tesla's end several times.

It has now been over a week, and my account still shows the wrong configuration.

I'm a huge fan of Tesla and believe in the mission of sustainable transportation. I've been saving for a Tesla since a friend let me drive his original Roadster when I was in high school 6 years ago. I understand the first time my order was messed up. Things happen. But the second time when I clarified my order for them in great detail, and they still got it wrong...that does concern me about future issues and how they might be handled.

The same friend who owns an original Roadster just took delivery of his P3D, blue with white interior, last week. I am very grateful he let me drive it. I have no regrets ordering a model 3, it is an absolutely incredible car. The journey to purchase one has just been a little bumpy so far.

Reactions: EVGhost3
I am still waiting to see the update (white interior) on my account :rolleyes:. Emailed the changes in 7/30 and followed up with calls 6 times so far.

Geez, 6 calls? I called twice - the first time, they gave me a case number... The second time, they escalated and had it done within a couple hours, (even though they only promised to have it done within 2-3 days). Be polite, but firm. Good luck!

Ok, I'll add mine.
Day 1 Reservation 3/31/16, Non-owner
Offer to Configured RWD 2/21
Waited and configured Multicoat Red LR AWD Black Int.-Premium Pkg on 6/28
Edited configuration to add White Premium Interior on 7/25
Notified by Tesla that car had left the factory and to complete loan info 8/8
VIN Assigned (...561XX) 8/13
Delivery scheduled for 8/20

Reactions: BobCio
Ok, I'll add mine.
Day 1 Reservation 3/31/16, Non-owner
Offer to Configured RWD 2/21
Waited and configured Multicoat Red LR AWD Black Int.-Premium Pkg on 6/28
Edited configuration to add White Premium Interior on 7/25
Notified by Tesla that car had left the factory and to complete loan info 8/8
VIN Assigned (...561XX) 8/13
Delivery scheduled for 8/20

Hey, you got my car! Congrats and enjoy.

I am still waiting to see the update (white interior) on my account :rolleyes:. Emailed the changes in 7/30 and followed up with calls 6 times so far.
Geez, 6 calls? I called twice - the first time, they gave me a case number... The second time, they escalated and had it done within a couple hours, (even though they only promised to have it done within 2-3 days). Be polite, but firm. Good luck!

How did you escalate your case? After they have changed my account twice, my car is still showing options I did not configure or request. I don't know how they messed up the data entry on my car 2 times in a row, but it would be nice to have it sorted out. My delivery estimate keeps getting bumped back every time they "make a change" to try to correct my config.

I placed a reservation on 5/5, several months after reservations opened public. I'm in PA.
Got my invite to configure with the large wave several months ago.
Placed order for LR AWD, 19" wheels, Blue paint, black interior. No EAP.
Sept-Nov delivery window.

When white interior became an option, I sent an email asking if it was possible to upgrade to white interior.
They replied back with a form asking what I would want changed. I replied asking if white was possible, and if this would delay delivery.

A few days later my account updated to a performance model, white interior, and 18" aero wheels. With December delivery estimate.

I immediately contacted them and they apologized and sent me another email form asking what my car should be.
I replied back with screenshot of my original purchase agreement, stating I would like white interior if possible.

Several days later my account updated again, back to non performance model, with a white interior, but still with aero wheels.
Still December delivery estimate.

I immediately called again and was put on hold. Was promised a manager would look into this and everything would be taken care of.
I was told I would not lose the premium connectivity even though my order had changed on Tesla's end several times.

It has now been over a week, and my account still shows the wrong configuration.

I'm a huge fan of Tesla and believe in the mission of sustainable transportation. I've been saving for a Tesla since a friend let me drive his original Roadster when I was in high school 6 years ago. I understand the first time my order was messed up. Things happen. But the second time when I clarified my order for them in great detail, and they still got it wrong...that does concern me about future issues and how they might be handled.

The same friend who owns an original Roadster just took delivery of his P3D, blue with white interior, last week. I am very grateful he let me drive it. I have no regrets ordering a model 3, it is an absolutely incredible car. The journey to purchase one has just been a little bumpy so far.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Edit button gone so did email change request on 7/24. Got confirmation email on 8/8, but that night found out the changed me to PAWD / aero. Replied to confirmation email on 8/8, called on 8/9. On 8/10 received updated order with AWD + white interior but still stuck on aero wheels. Replied back to email again and called. While on hold received updated order in email.

From the time I got the first incorrect order until the time they finally got it right, about 42 hours for me. Keep calling / emailing.

BTW you have my exact config, minus EAP and FSD. I reserved on 4/1/16 though. Hopefully I'll be your canary

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Edit button gone so did email change request on 7/24. Got confirmation email on 8/8, but that night found out the changed me to PAWD / aero. Replied to confirmation email on 8/8, called on 8/9. On 8/10 received updated order with AWD + white interior but still stuck on aero wheels. Replied back to email again and called. While on hold received updated order in email.

From the time I got the first incorrect order until the time they finally got it right, about 42 hours for me. Keep calling / emailing.

BTW you have my exact config, minus EAP and FSD. I reserved on 4/1/16 though. Hopefully I'll be your canary

Is your delivery estimate December time frame? Somewhat troubling that this happened to multiple people, but things do happen.

Is your delivery estimate December time frame? Somewhat troubling that this happened to multiple people, but things do happen.

Oct-Dec. Was Sep-Nov. They told me not to worry about the date change, the system automatically updates it to 2-4 months out when an update is made to your order, and my place in line is still saved.

On the plus side, my order agreement was also updated to indicate I can cancel up until I receive a VIN with no penalty. I can't see cancelling, but it's nice to have that in my back pocket. You never know...

• Helpful
Reactions: mzairboy
Troys sheet has KIKNGAS in Parker CO scheduled for the first spreadsheet delivery tomorrow. I'm on roughly day 6 of waiting on the trade-in quote.

View attachment 325719

Wonder if those 6 who got VIN ordered in June 26-30 are all Day 1 reservation holders. I think Troy's sheet removed reservation date info right? I am one of those 46 ordered on June 26-30 (June 27 for me), but my reservation date was June 24, 2018. I probably got the latest reservation date of all the people who configured on June 27. Changed to White Interior on July 24.