Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla updated the S and X in mid 2017 with new bits that made the car go from an ~6sec 0-100 to 4.9sec. Cars built close to the time they did the switch could go and get the new bits put on for free.

That just means your car had that done, or more likely, had the performance upgrade from the factory.

Tesla updated the S and X in mid 2017 with new bits that made the car go from an ~6sec 0-100 to 4.9sec. Cars built close to the time they did the switch could go and get the new bits put on for free.

That just means your car had that done, or more likely, had the performance upgrade from the factory.

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. Hadn't seen that option until today and I'm sure it wasn't listed since Tesla introduced the additional specifications view. The vehicle accelerates stupendously, just as it's always done, although I rarely test "foot to the floor" acceleration these days.

VINs are not sequential, although they are approximate. Best to check the manufacture date on the door inside sticker. Cars that were made after June 2017 should have been uncorked from the factory. Those before would have been done at a service center, if they got uncorked.

Can you uncork a late 2016 car? Probably not, but just curious...
You can uncork a late 2016 AWD 75/100 MCU1 car, just not a RWD 75.

The 75 gets a torque amd power boost. The 100 only gets power.

If you are wondering about your S90D. I don’t think they ever offered it for the 90D. Technically it would work, but there were so few 90s made after the cutoff date, I am sure they didn’t think it was worth the bother to build and test that uncork configuration.

Also, I don’t think anyone considered uncorking a car that had been upgraded to MCU2 already, so don’t upgrade if you aren’t sure about your uncork status.

Last edited: