Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Tesla at a supercharger?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It simply amazes me how stupid some people are when it comes to mis-using the Tesla supercharging stations. Tesla owners are generally courteous and follow the rules. We know you need to BACK-IN to the space. We also know if that we don't move our vehicles after SC is complete, we can be charged idling fees.

But what about non-Telsa, non-EV vehicles that have the audacity to park there (HEAD-IN) with your completely obvious gas cap in the rear, while you block spaces for Telsa vehicles. (I know the SC network will soon be available to non-Tesla EVs with the NACS connector). Last time I looked the Toyota RAV4 is NOT one of those vehicles. Mind you, there were plenty of other spaces in this parking lot. I bet these are the same folks that park illegally in handicapped spaces.

I just thought it best to share with the community and give this the rightful attention it deserves. Thanks for allowing me to "vent."

sc.jpg

It simply amazes me how stupid some people are when it comes to mis-using the Tesla supercharging stations. Tesla owners are generally courteous and follow the rules. We know you need to BACK-IN to the space. We also know if that we don't move our vehicles after SC is complete, we can be charged idling fees.

But what about non-Telsa, non-EV vehicles that have the audacity to park there (HEAD-IN) with your completely obvious gas cap in the rear, while you block spaces for Telsa vehicles. (I know the SC network will soon be available to non-Tesla EVs with the NACS connector). Last time I looked the Toyota RAV4 is NOT one of those vehicles. Mind you, there were plenty of other spaces in this parking lot. I bet these are the same folks that park illegally in handicapped spaces.

I just thought it best to share with the community and give this the rightful attention it deserves. Thanks for allowing me to "vent."

View attachment 954318
That’s how I felt last week when an M3 used the only stall for trailering in a 12 stall SC with 9 empty stalls.
Tesla drivers can be just as inconsiderate as ICE drivers.
(even though I had to unhook, that new Everett Mall SC at least has 1 good trailer stall and lowest $ rate I’ve charged at)

Reactions: mm9351
I think there needs to be some level of enforcement. How about some additional signage at Supercharging Stations, e.g.

"Non-Tesla vehicles may be Towed" (Even if it's simply a warning and never actually carried out)

For me, this would be enough of a deterrent not to park there. We've all seen signs like this in other parking situations, and it causes you to think twice before parking there.

Good industry comparison which even Apple did not think like Elon:

Back in the day we all remember the Frankenstein created connecting laptops to peripherals: FireWire, SCSI, PCMCIA, PCI, Lightening, Thunderbolt, DVI, VGA, serial, HDMI, DisplayPort and of course USB. What a mess?

USB invented, stayed the course and evolved USB as USB A, versions as 1.0, 2 and 3, and our favorite USB-C. USBC can be used to literally connect anything to a smartphone, tablet, computer or vehicle.

Today we have iPads and laptops that can connect to docking stations which then can bring in legacy devices or use a USBC hub for all of the evolved USBC devices. It’s amazing.

NACS, formerly the Tesla connector broke through as a neutral name “National” “Standard” and the industry is embracing it. NACS, like USBC it is far superior to anything else on the market, totally consumer focused design providing ease every time we use them.

Some say Elon is not an engineer, but you see his influence in engineering throughout the Tesla, Optimus, SpaceX, ecosystems. Amazing engineering and as always said, Elon is playing rhe long game in 4D chess.

Glad to be invested in it with mind, spirit and money.

I love the
Some say Elon is not an engineer, but you see his influence in engineering throughout the Tesla, Optimus, SpaceX, ecosystems. Amazing engineering and as always said, Elon is playing rhe long game in 4D chess.

I love the "Elon Phenomenon"
He's destroyed the industrial monopolies in several sectors, those sectors are scrambling to catchup and will continue to struggle to catch up for a long time.

Reactions: kpanda17
Just received this feed from Mercedes;

We are pleased to announce that Mercedes-Benz drivers will soon have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers in North America, starting in 2024. We will be the first German OEM to embrace and implement NACS ports into our new electric vehicles, beginning in 2025. This integration will allow our customers to seamlessly connect to the growing North America Supercharger network, providing them with enhanced charging capabilities and increased convenience while traveling across North America.

Just received this feed from Mercedes;

We are pleased to announce that Mercedes-Benz drivers will soon have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers in North America, starting in 2024. We will be the first German OEM to embrace and implement NACS ports into our new electric vehicles, beginning in 2025. This integration will allow our customers to seamlessly connect to the growing North America Supercharger network, providing them with enhanced charging capabilities and increased convenience while traveling across North America.
I saw a KIA EV try to plug in this weekend at an AZ SC with an adapter. Not sure if similar to OP situation?