Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non- Tesla door handle repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it comes with a 50000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty or 4 years, whichever comes first. From the time of purchase. Do you know anything that extends the warranty when you do a repair on it? If your fridge dies one day before the end of its warranty and they repair it do you get a brand new warranty on it? I think we have to be realistic here. You can't extended warranties forever, it just wouldn't work for business.

I'm not talking about the CAR, I was referring to part/component repaired. If I'm out of warranty and pay to have a door handle fixed doesn't THAT repair have a warranty?

Thought you might be interested in my experience. Had my driver door handle fail. Tesla Mobile service came out (one day service) and fixed it by rebuild. Replaced the pivot gear. Total cost $226.

Yep that little gear is known to break. I'm glad to hear Tesla is repairing it at a reasonable price. It's a good amount of work to get the handle assembly out of the door and rebuild it and put it back together. $226 is very reasonable, especially when they come to you!