Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Tesla Owner’s first drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like a lot of people I am another anxious person waiting for his model 3. I have watched a lot of videos and updates since putting a deposit two years ago. Two days ago I had the opportunity to test drive a model 3 and here is my first impression.

This is for long range premium package:

Exterior: Very sharp looking, beautiful design, and a lot bigger than I imagined. The space between fender and tire is significantly more compare to other cars. Any current model 3 owners noticed that? The upper portion of the windshield is not tinted at all.

Interior: the glass roof makes the car very spacious( my favorite feature). I am 5.11 and had plenty of rooms in front and back seats (similar to my Lexus ES350). Very simple and elegant. Seats are very comfortable. The steering wheel is small. I was surprised that the edges were not flushed evenly !? Also, the wood trip was not coated with anything and made it look old and degraded. Has anyone notice this?

Driving: VERY fast, smooth, and responsible. The one thing that bothered me, at 55mph, the roof glass was making a lot noise. I am curious if anyone felt the same?

Overall... beautiful car inside and out, fast with smooth handling. Definitely not finished well on the inside. Biggest concern for me is the noise with high speed.

I hit 80+ on my test drive. Didn't hear any creaks, whistling, or any other abnormal noise.

That said, the one I test drove is a later build with the cloth roof. The panel gaps were quite uniform and good on it. The only other one I checked out was an early build and had way worse panel alignment (didn't drive that one, just sat in it).