Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chrome delete will probably last at least a few years, but yes the material is very thin. If something sharp touches the material it will definitely tear it and look obvious. I'm on the fence as well, but it does look so good!

For the blackout look, It really depends how well you take care of it. If you are using a drive thru car wash that has paint contact, then it will not last as long for sure. If you hand wash only and avoid anything but the softest paint contact, then likely a well installed job with high quality 3m vinyl will last 5 or more years. Good shops will warranty the work for some number of years, and fix you up for reasonable issues within that period.

But for instance a single misplaced blast with a too close pressure washer could fracture the vinyl. Likewise a single too close bush hitting the turn signal cover or a careless ring scraping a door handle. As it wears its pretty resilient at first but as it bakes in the sun it gets less flexible.

It does look dark and sexy, and with the right charcoal or dark bronze maybe rim combination I would go there too. I'm thinking I'll drive it with the chrome at first and see how I feel about it. I have a blue P3D on order so I think that with some nice silver rims, the chrome looks nice. However colors like white or silver can really look stunning with the blackout storm trooper look.

Yes I talked to Alex. He said he could do 3M in one piece 20%. Any other % two pieces.

To the best of my knowledge, 3M Crystalline only goes down to 40%. This is what I was referring to my earlier post when I said he made claims about %'s that were incorrect. Might not mean much, but personally I'd rather go with someone who's familiar / worked with the product extensively.

Edit - I stand corrected. They do make 20%, sorry.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, 3M Crystalline only goes down to 40%. This is what I was referring to my earlier post when I said he made claims about %'s that were incorrect. Might not mean much, but personally I'd rather go with someone who's familiar / worked with the product extensively.

From the official spec there is a 20% for 3M Crystalline. This might be a newer grade of tint level since I don’t remember seeing the 20% 3 years ago when I was tinting my previous car.

Hi @sroh,
Did you get your first 3's PPF done at http://bayareaclearbra.com/ ? I just saw your the other post.
$1,500 for full front and rear bumper sounds very competitive. Would you share your experience with them? Many thanks!
I had them apply PFF on my model 3, for the price mentioned. Jermey (owner) is a stand up guy; very easy to work with. I would highly recommend him. Be aware that he is usually booked weeks in advance. PM me if you have any specific questions.

• Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony
I had them apply PFF on my model 3, for the price mentioned. Jermey (owner) is a stand up guy; very easy to work with. I would highly recommend him. Be aware that he is usually booked weeks in advance. PM me if you have any specific questions.
Thank you! Just made an appointment with Jeremy this morning.
$1,495 for full front PPF including door edges. Turnaround time is 24 hours.
The earliest availability is Sept. 5th by far.

Hi @sroh,
Did you get your first 3's PPF done at Invisiguard | Automotive Paint Protection Film | Bay Area Clear Bra | Headlight Protection | Invisible Mask ? I just saw your the other post.
$1,500 for full front and rear bumper sounds very competitive. Would you share your experience with them? Many thanks!

Yes, that is where I got mine done. Jeremy does a good job and I am happy with it. Having said that, please understand this is not the same as the $3K jobs that are offered. Jeremy cuts a few corners to get the price down to this price point. For example, he cut around the hood emblem. He also only covers the outside and lower portions of the side mirrors. The $1,500 quote was only for the full front end. He threw in the door edges for free. He quoted me $50 for the trunk protection, but he didn't charge me for it. He is a one-man shop so he can keep prices down. Finally, the best thing was he only needed a day. I dropped off in the morning, he did the work that afternoon, let it sit overnight, and I was able to pick up around noon the following day. When I went to pick up, he had another Model 3 that he was working on.

All in all, I was very happy with the value Jeremy provided. But I don't know what the difference would be if I had taken it to OC Detailing for example.

Any idea how long the group buy will last? Still deciding will probably make a decision by the weekend. Unsure about this xpel tint I'm used to traditionally black tint unsure about reflective kinda. Does anyone have pictures of the result with Tint + Front PPF? Hopefully on a red M3 :D