Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my MX off in the Los Gatos location yesterday. All work is done is covered garages except for the washing and prep. Looked very well organized to me and saw a couple M3 being wrapped/tinted. Also glad to see their manufacturers certificates and certifications in plain view. My full wrap and coat should be done next week. Will report back then.

Just dropped off the M3 with Alex. Will report back when I get the car next week. There are couple of other teslas plus other cars there getting the treatment. My impression with Alex so far has been positive. I feel like he has lots of experience with Tesla. That makes me feel comfortable handing him my brand new ride. It's also great to know that he will park my car in a separated garage at night and not on the street.

Just dropped off the M3 with Alex. Will report back when I get the car next week. There are couple of other teslas plus other cars there getting the treatment. My impression with Alex so far has been positive. I feel like he has lots of experience with Tesla. That makes me feel comfortable handing him my brand new ride. It's also great to know that he will park my car in a separated garage at night and not on the street.
Awesome to hear that he is taking appropriate measures to make sure the car is well taken care of. I am holding my deposit until I see some work come out of his shop that is top quality. Whoever gets it done, lets see some pictures!

Just picked up my MX full wrap. Looks great with maybe a dozen or so small bubbles which should disappear over the next 2 weeks as the wrap sets. I will take my MX back then to get the Ceramic Pro applied and Alex will fix any remaining issues from the wrap. I honestly don't know how these guys do the full wrap LOL. Reminds me how hard it is to put a screen protector on my phone, but damn an entire car??? Pretty satisfied so far and feel I got a great deal.

Also, chrome actually looks great with matte metallic blue IMHO so feel much better about skipping the chrome delete.

Full disclosure - I've never wrapped or got PPF before so don't really have a frame of reference other than photos from other shops. I am pretty much an OCD type personality though and I am not feeling any anxiety at all. I'm sure if I took my MX to one of the high end shops they would point out dozens more imperfections, but I like what I see and all painted surfaces look covered except for the parking sensors which is by design and for safety.

IMG_1858.jpg

Just picked up my MX full wrap. Looks great with maybe a dozen or so small bubbles which should disappear over the next 2 weeks as the wrap sets. I will take my MX back then to get the Ceramic Pro applied and Alex will fix any remaining issues from the wrap. I honestly don't know how these guys do the full wrap LOL. Reminds me how hard it is to put a screen protector on my phone, but damn an entire car??? Pretty satisfied so far and feel I got a great deal.

Also, chrome actually looks great with matte metallic blue IMHO so feel much better about skipping the chrome delete.

Full disclosure - I've never wrapped or got PPF before so don't really have a frame of reference other than photos from other shops. I am pretty much an OCD type personality though and I am not feeling any anxiety at all. I'm sure if I took my MX to one of the high end shops they would point out dozens more imperfections, but I like what I see and all painted surfaces look covered except for the parking sensors which is by design and for safety.

View attachment 326507

Looks great! The one thing to check is the corners, that is the hardest place to wrap. If they tucked the corners then it is less likely to come up, but if they cut right at the corner there is the potential for it to rise up over time.

Looks great! The one thing to check is the corners, that is the hardest place to wrap. If they tucked the corners then it is less likely to come up, but if they cut right at the corner there is the potential for it to rise up over time.

Yep, Alex was checking all those areas himself so will take a closer look after curing. I forgot to mention the benefit of ceramic coating on top of vinyl. One might think it's not necessary, but ceramic means not ever needing wax. I figure if you start putting wax on vinyl, it will eventually bunch up on the lines and corners making those areas really noticeable.

I think we are close to getting to 20 cars, so the Ceramic Pro discount should kick in. Even though I haven't gotten my car yet, I better confirm my spot before he decides to raise the prices :) It does make cleaning the car a breeze, especially the wheels. Did Alex recommend getting the Ceramic Pro done later or were you waiting on the discount? Just curious as I would have thought that would have been done at the same time.

Did Alex recommend getting the Ceramic Pro done later or were you waiting on the discount? Just curious as I would have thought that would have been done at the same time.

He is applying 2 weeks after wrap. This makes sense to me because if he needs to adjust or replace any of the wrap areas after curing, he would have to redo the ceramic coating too. I think this is just a logistical process that minimizes potential re-work. Good news is that the ceramic coat only takes a couple hours to apply.