Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the paperwork from Tesla. Seemed like 4-5 pages; headed out and will take a closer look later. Wish Tesla starts sending some sort of a tracking number or at least an email to relieve anxiety of existing temp tags.
I got notification from FedEx that my paperwork will be delivered tomorrow. Bring that I live in the sticks I don't anticipate a problem at the local county tag office.

• Funny
Reactions: M-S-M
I just spoke with my TB (Tesla Butler) and he said I should have a VIN "by the weekend" ... no wait, he actually said "by this weekend" and delivery sometime this month

Fingers crossed, though of course the best course of action is to "believe it when you see it"

Mind you he did say current orders were being scheduled for April (and I have to admit I just assumed he meant 2022). That's pretty wild really - oh and the order fee has jumped to $250

Makes me glad I took the plunge in June

Reactions: chand and MSHampton
I just spoke with my TB (Tesla Butler) and he said I should have a VIN "by the weekend" ... no wait, he actually said "by this weekend" and delivery sometime this month

Fingers crossed, though of course the best course of action is to "believe it when you see it"

Mind you he did say current orders were being scheduled for April (and I have to admit I just assumed he meant 2022). That's pretty wild really - oh and the order fee has jumped to $250

Makes me glad I took the plunge in June
I can't believe you still don't have it yet. You were just a few days behind me weren't you?

Yes. @MSHampton , can't wait to read your stories, specially, how was your charging experience?

We were thinking about fall colors in Smokey Mountain, well, it will be winter by the time we get the damn car.
Trip went great! Thanks for asking.

Of course we were 3.5 hours late getting started due to the 6mm wrench that I got in the right rear tire on it's maiden voyage the Saturday before we were to start the trip. Spent Sunday on the phone trying to get it fixed with no one having the tire in stock, and finally Tesla roadside said that my local tesla shop here in Tyler mainly does tires and set me up with an appt first thing Monday morning. They were able to get me a new tire (their last one) and we were on our way.

Car performed great. Learned about phantom breaking along the way. LOL She ("Stormy") apparently likes to slow down to read the National Park signs because almost every time we came up to one on the parkway, she slowed way down. Don't know if she that it was a person wanting to cross the street or what since they are not shaped like a normal roadside sign, but it was funny after the shock of the first few times.

We took 3 days to drive the Natchez Trace from Natchez MS to Nashville TN. 50mph the entire way, so range was no problem. Stopped in Jackson MS and Tupelo MS for charging, and visiting Elvis' birthplace, then up to Nashville (charging) where we charged before heading to Chattanooga TN (charging) for a few days. Did some reminiscing and sight-seeing there (we used to live there) and headed over to Greenville SC (charging) on some twisty mountain back roads, stopping at a CCS charger in Clayton GA to test out the Setec CCS charging adapter, it worked! Spent a couple of days in the Greenville area photographing waterfalls and hiking almost 8 miles (not as young as I used to be) and then headed home on Sunday on a 16 hour drive back to Overton. The last few hour auto-pilot really earned her money. Fell in behind an 18 wheeler, set TACC and Auto-Pilot, and she followed it from Monroe LA (last charging stop) all the way to my exit for Overton on I20 without an issue in the dark! Most "unstressful" 17 hour drive I've ever done. I won't say it was relaxing, but my shoulders and knuckles were not sore when I got hom. My wife isn't ready to take the wheel yet. Technology isn't her friend. :)

Not much in the color changing department, but the leaves were just starting to fall, and the weather turned gorgeous the day we left Tupelo! Could not have asked for better weather.

So, after having Stormy a week, I had nearly 2,500 miles on her. Broke in nice and proper! Took lots of photos and video and will try to throw them together in the next couple of weeks and post on YouTube. Here is the logged map from TeslaFi.com. The red marks were charging stops. The hotel we stayed at in Tupelo had a Tesla charger so that one was free. And, I used up all of my 1000 free supercharger miles on this trip. LOL

1633441654584.png

I am glad you guys had such a wonderful trip and I am sure you guys planned it well.

It is lot of driving for one, did you manage with just the auto-pilot? We were thinking about subscribing to FSD just for a month on long trip to Smokeys.

Reactions: MSHampton
I am glad you guys had such a wonderful trip and I am sure you guys planned it well.

It is lot of driving for one, did you manage with just the auto-pilot? We were thinking about subscribing to FSD just for a month on long trip to Smokeys.
I gave a lot of thought to FSD, but unless you can get the beta, the only thing it really gives you for a trip is the auto lane change. I didn't think that was worth the $200, so I just went with auto-pilot.

also, I was surprised to find that my car, being brand new, does not have the latest software update. I'm still sitting at 2021.11.103, which is several versions back. I've had it sitting on wifi since I got it and have yet to get an update, so there's that too.

Reactions: chand
I was surprised to find that my car, being brand new, does not have the latest software update. I'm still sitting at 2021.11.103, which is several versions back. I've had it sitting on wifi since I got it and have yet to get an update, so there's that too.
I believe this is because of variations in hardware, chip-shortage led them to switch to different chips and re-write software, it's possible they ended up with multiple streams. Well, they did great in Q3.

Reactions: MSHampton
Registration in Rusk Co:

Thought I'd finish up my time in this group with how my registration went.

My paperwork arrived on Monday just before lunch. In my excitement, I grabbed the paperwork and headed to the county tax office in Henderson, about 25 miles away. I got there and there was one person in line ahead of me. Walked up to the window and the lady checked the paperwork and said "You and your wife need to sign this." Doh!! Well, my wife was at work in Kilgore, so I tell her, "Okay, I'll run up to Kilgore (about 25 miles away) and come back. She then tells me, well, you could just take it to the sub-office in Kilgore to finish up. I'm like, "What sub-office??" She gives me directions. I then mention that I actually live in Overton to which she replies, "Or, you could take it to the sub-office in Overton", again I'm like "What??" I've lived here 7 years and didn't know I could do this right there in Overton.

So, I decide to just go back home, let Karen sign the paperwork that night and then drive into Overton at lunch tomorrow (about 3 miles). I get to the very small sub-office in Overton and again there is one person in line ahead of me. I get up to the window, hand the lady the paperwork, she gives me the total, I give her a check, and she hands me my plates and sticker. In and out in under 10 minutes!

Do I miss living in the Metroplex (Flower Mound)? Not ever on a single day! :)

For those who have recently picked up your MY, Enjoy!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. It's worth the wait!!

Enjoy!