Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwich Service Centre, where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m told by someone at Kia that the Tesla contractors started work on Friday. Apparently there was all sorts of shenanigans at the site, with police involved, but don’t know the details. Probably the local mechanics protesting 😁

Those contractors likely to take 2–3 months I suspect, so opening early Feb 2022 at a guess.

Police involvement might be due to travellers finding the insecure car park attractive, or homeless squatter(s). Though I like the image of angry mechanics and Trumpian placards, just shows things are going right ;)

Reactions: Olibol
Anyone seen any progress in Norwich? I live 20 miles outside Norwich and considering another Tesla lease, despite all of the negatives, ie still a better EV than the competition. Was always a pain to have to go to Milton Keynes SC.

79 Mile Cross Lane, Norwich, NR6 6TX (was Kia until Nov 2021) . Took a walk there today to see if anything was happening, as I’d not seen anything apart from the job adverts. Looks close to opening!
2C7DBC23-F0C4-4B22-95C0-A924EEBAFA8C.jpeg
507E9E87-27AE-4BE4-95E5-67E60C3BE13F.jpeg
77CF3AC3-C15F-4B25-9E9B-8BBB3D4A683D.jpeg
612DD996-ED91-41E8-917A-A56016AF82E8.jpeg

there is planning approval for 13 superchargers (see the plans on the previous pages), they'll be positioned where the mazda and Audi are parked in those photos.

I guess there is a chance the SC will open before the superchargers are installed. But if not i suspect it'll be end of Q1 opening

Reactions: Snail
The planning is based on the maximum SC for the available space, in reality I suspect there'll be 8 V3 - and that's all subject to what's happening elsewhere with the substation power upgrade. Still seems a couple of months to go.

Good to see the brand signage though!

What's the area like now? I remember when growing up in Norwich, Mile Cross being a little rough back then. I hope the place doesn't get trashed, though the recent multiple car arson doesn't bode well for the new owners...

What's the area like now? I remember when growing up in Norwich, Mile Cross being a little rough back then. I hope the place doesn't get trashed, though the recent multiple car arson doesn't bode well for the new owners...
the company I work for had an office round the corner until recently. Never had any issues.

What’s the chances of it opening in the next month and being available for collections so I don’t have to get a lift to blue water for my MY pickup?