Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwich Service Centre, where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the company I work for had an office round the corner until recently. Never had any issues.

Whatā€™s the chances of it opening in the next month and being available for collections so I donā€™t have to get a lift to blue water for my MY pickup?
Near zero, they donā€™t really deliver cars from service centres as they are not big enough.

the company I work for had an office round the corner until recently. Never had any issues.

Whatā€™s the chances of it opening in the next month and being available for collections so I donā€™t have to get a lift to blue water for my MY pickup?
slim to none, this won't be a collection point (Chelmsford isn't either) so it'll either be delivery from, or collection from bluewater

Near zero, they donā€™t really deliver cars from service centres as they are not big enough.
Iā€™m hoping they will be a collection point. Otherwise, what will they be using this covered area for?

Attachments

• CAA91AAA-15B9-467D-9A21-BC01D3C69725.jpeg
    CAA91AAA-15B9-467D-9A21-BC01D3C69725.jpeg
    804.6 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Maplepho
I suspect the canopy covered area with markings for 6 parallel vehicles, 2-by-2, may be for swift detailing service where protection from British weather elements is desirable. MK has a temporary single vehicle tent structure, this appears to be a suitable evolution. It may also be for storing new customer collections post-valet at SC for pick-up.

Must be getting close to opening, but no mention on the Tesla ā€˜find usā€™ not even a coming soon! Signage appears to be finished. Supercharger lounge has seating. No sign of supercharger equipment or workers onsite today.

Attachments

• B1A040D8-CE23-4489-A761-F80AD3D8D57A.jpeg
    B1A040D8-CE23-4489-A761-F80AD3D8D57A.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 80
  • 5047F983-6B5F-4C10-9E14-93082B0ED373.jpeg
    5047F983-6B5F-4C10-9E14-93082B0ED373.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DEE317B0-9D2B-4AA2-97B5-DFCA25B77ECB.jpeg
    DEE317B0-9D2B-4AA2-97B5-DFCA25B77ECB.jpeg
    566.1 KB · Views: 87
Must be getting close to opening, but no mention on the Tesla ā€˜find usā€™ not even a coming soon! Signage appears to be finished. Supercharger lounge has seating. No sign of supercharger equipment or workers onsite today.
Thanks for the update. Itā€™s strange that this isnā€™t on their website as coming soon. Neither are the chargers being installed at broadland business park.

Is that not the superchargers at broadland? The location is non specific.
Maybe. There is info for Norwich SC that SuC are planned.
ā€œTesla Map marker is close to new Norwich Service Centre site.
Refit for Service Centre includes a wayfinding arrow for "Vehicle Charging" (20-Jan). Planning drawings include the sign and a "SUC Lounge" label at one building entrance but no proposed supercharger stall layout details.
Tesla Map marker added February 2022ā€

It seems unlikely there will be two SuC sites just 5 miles apart.

Is that not the superchargers at broadland? The location is non specific.

Maybe. There is info for Norwich SC that SuC are planned.
ā€œTesla Map marker is close to new Norwich Service Centre site.
Refit for Service Centre includes a wayfinding arrow for "Vehicle Charging" (20-Jan). Planning drawings include the sign and a "SUC Lounge" label at one building entrance but no proposed supercharger stall layout details.
Tesla Map marker added February 2022ā€

It seems unlikely there will be two SuC sites just 5 miles apart.
The Gridserve Braintree site didn't have a marker on Tesla's site right up until it went live in December 2020, so that would suggest the new Norwich Supercharger marker is more likely to be connected with the service centre than the Norwich Gridserve development. Also Tesla's Chelmsford Service Centre Supercharger was commissioned within days of the Braintree site going live so there is a precedent for having two close sites appearing at the same time.

Tesla don't have any "coming soon" service centre pins on their map at the moment - just upcoming Supercharger locations (or aspirations), so it's no surprise that the Norwich service centre isn't marked yet.

Based on these observations (warning: this prediction is as reliable as using a crystal ball) I think it's likely Norwich will get two new Superchargers in Q2 this year.

Reactions: Okright and Snail
I have a service appointment booked at Chelmsford on 12th March, so will be interesting to see if Norwich SC is offered/available before then. Certainly more convenient to walk home than drive a loaner for 4 hours across 2 days. The on-site superchargers can wait, but they'll at least need the building external customer parking ones up and running, and that's all conditional on the substation power upgrade. Would also be good to take a look at the external compressor at the southern end from the works access road running beside (Renson Close).

Last edited:
Any updates on the Superchargers at the Service Centre site in Mile Cross? Will be driving back to Norwich for Easter to visit family and exploring what options there are aside from using a granny charger! Nice to see the Gridserve site (though on the other side of Norwich of where I'll be staying) progressing, I also noticed Norwich has a few Ionity sites as well. Seems like Norwich is really embracing EVs as the future.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pink Duck