Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nose Job; Tesla S/X Front Fasica look on Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with silver knowing the large nose was going to bother me and that darker colors hide it better. I love my T3 and the way it looks but I went ahead and gave it a nose job.

I prototyped it with black tape to see if I would like it before doing the CAD and laser cut work. The tape version was pretty low-rent but got a lot of complements.

So I bought some 1/8” black acrylic and used FreeCAD to cad up the design. Then used my 70 watt CO2 laser to cut it.

E8154CF5-2F72-4278-B9A2-E8375420D56B.jpeg
3FD716D2-353E-4106-B31D-2A790C2F1ADB.jpeg E8154CF5-2F72-4278-B9A2-E8375420D56B.jpeg 5B43EC8A-CF7D-4C01-8783-49997DD053D3.jpeg F78725BD-2090-45F3-9952-20EC33179B07.jpeg
I know it’s personal taste. So please don’t flame me. I like it.

Here is the tape prototype. It’s pretty... ...bad.

7BD0B0B4-FA6E-4F19-88C8-E05EFCF906D4.jpeg

I like the idea of fixing what I think is the worst part of the car. I don't want to offend anyone on the board, but I just can't get past it, Tesla has already established a "brand" look with the front facia with the S and X, why did they not carry this onto the Model 3? I see so many on the road now and the front "snout" in my view is just odd - like a lip job gone wrong. I love the car but I am fixated and polarized by the front bumper in a bad way...

Unplugged performance is selling a front bumper for $$$$ and I think the straight horizontal line is the right way to go (looks more Porsche and 2020 Roadster). It is just the lower portion of that after market bumper that is too busy in my option.

Have you thought of trying to do something less round on the bottom but more straight and following the fop lip of the bumper more (reverse of what you have today)? See pick. Repositioning the emblem from the hood to the bumper would be the way to go as well.

Attachments

• 87034-tesla_x_1.jpg
    87034-tesla_x_1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 229
I thought about doing this as well. I want to make a 3D printed grill like the one on the Model S and put it on my 3. Yours look good but I think it needs to be bigger. Like the picture below:
tesla-grilles-3.jpg

Honestly I wish someone would make a front kit that looks like the picture below. I know UP makes one but the sides on theirs is too busy looking.

tesla-model-3-render-via-James-Anders-TMC.jpg

If I recall, that silver car was a Photoshop mock up. Nonetheless, it looks fantastic and if the actual front end looked like that the model 3 would look perfect in my opinion.

As a secondary note, I wish that particular silver was also the production color.