Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not able to connect to WiFi for updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed today that I am not getting over the air updates and when I checked the car screen it said update available, connect to WiFi. Tried everything I could think of. The only thing that comes to mind and I had to have my modem reset as I had messed something up and my provider after an hour with her on the phone got it back in operation. Not sure if this would have anything to do with the car connection? Any thoughts?

Did you reboot the touchscreen by holding both thumb wheels, and also remove the connection from the car (delete it)?

Do you know what security you have on your router (did you turn on mac filtering or anything like that)?

Its problematic that you say " I had to have my modem reset as I MESSED SOMETHING UP". What exactly did you "mess up"?

Reactions: rpiotro and Matsayz
I was trying to set up the OVMS for my Roadster and when I was trying to configure it I must have changed something in my internet connection which my carrier was able to find and correct. Have no idea what I did, but at least all the computers in the house and tablet work now, except the car does not recognize our internet which it always did before. Went through the Owners Manual it wasn't really any help. The phone app says there is a software update but when I tape it, it does nothing. :mad:

I have the same problem. 2020 Model 3. Never had any problems with updates and usually get them right away. Have 2020.12 install.
Both 2020.12.1 and 2020.12.5 would download 100% but could not install. Mobile tech with help of online engineers couldn’t get it to install and can’t find source of problem. I have a Service Center appt in am.

BTW - the WiFi checked out Ok

Last edited:
I just noticed today that I am not getting over the air updates and when I checked the car screen it said update available, connect to WiFi. Tried everything I could think of. The only thing that comes to mind and I had to have my modem reset as I had messed something up and my provider after an hour with her on the phone got it back in operation. Not sure if this would have anything to do with the car connection? Any thoughts?
We have two Teslas. Would not connect to Wifi until one Tesla left the garage.