TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Notifications tab in Tesla app.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Thundalicious, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

Can anyone provide me some information on the "notifications" tab in the Tesla app? What normally appears there? I just have a continuously running tesla symbolwith a blank screen.

I took delivery on Monday, 11/23. It is been doing this since delivery and activation.

I have an iPhone 6s, running iOS 9.1.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Don't know and mine also keeps spinning. If I had to guess it would be things like your car is charged, firmware update is available and things like that.

3. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

4. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

What the freak!!
    Where are those in the iOS app?? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

5. green1

green1 Active Member

Thoseare the android app, not the ios one.

6. bancroftc

bancroftc Member

Just went and looked at mine and its doing the spinning T thing too. But after seeing the above post, I now recall having those same options available in my iOS app the last time I checked it some time back. I am guessing something might be up with the app/server or something like that.

7. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

That's why I asked "Where are those in the iOS app?"

8. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Yup, what they said. [Temporarily?] unavailable.

9. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

I guess we're back in business.

b3ec6583b68bbaa8c070676485252618.jpg

10. jlucero

jlucero Member

Would love it if the android app notifications told you how many miles range the vehicle had. while at a SC, i hate having to log on to see how many miles range i have.

11. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Same problem here on iOS, took delivery on 11/25, it worked intermittently when my app access was enabled but now I get the T with the looping circle until it times out... This is a bummer as my notifications are working at all now and I prefer them over the emails from Visible Tesla...

Ugh... Such is life... Anyone think it's worth calling Tesla?

Jeff

12. green1

green1 Active Member

Not sure on ios how it is, but on Android I find their app horribly behaved, and I pretty much have to kill the app each time to be able to use it. However after I kill the app it works beautifully 100% of the time. Is there a similar thing you can do on ios to force it closed before opening to make it behave?

13. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Yep, been there done that wayyyy more often than I'd like... :)

Jeff

14. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

I can't figure out how to enable notifications on the Android app. If I select my car it crashes, but if I don't none of the notifications stay selected. I've had this app since June and never knew I had to turn these on.

15. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

FWIW, posted this in another thread by accident at first but... I was able to get into the notification section on my iOS app last night long enough to get them set the way I want, and they worked overnight. Now, I can't get back into them but since they worked overnight I'm just going to roll with it...

Jeff

16. AustinP

AustinP Member

For what it's worth: used to work fine since I have mine, in June. Recently I allowed the last update of this app on my iPhone.
    This is when I also noticed the inaccessibility of the notifications part. Seems to be a bug in the latest version to me.
    Note to myself: remembers: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. App was working fine indeed but still I could not resist updating it.

17. RDuke

RDuke Member

I am experiencing the same thing AustinP (and others) are noting with the iOS app.

18. Soolim

Soolim Member

How is the notification delivered? Is it by email to my registered email account?

19. msnow

msnow Active Member

No, it's Push Notifications to your device.

20. AustinP

AustinP Member

Just installed latest update of car. Version is now 2.9.12. Coincidentally the notifications in the iOS app works again.