Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had experience where the vin is assigned but not built yet? Tesla people I spoke with cant really give anything more specific.
Trying to figure out what kind of window when it might be delivered. It's just been strange as the car was listed as Inventory but still so little known.
I have a window of 10th - Dec 8th.

Anyone had experience where the vin is assigned but not built yet? Tesla people I spoke with cant really give anything more specific.
Trying to figure out what kind of window when it might be delivered. It's just been strange as the car was listed as Inventory but still so little known.
I have a window of 10th - Dec 8th.
When I bought my m3p in 2021 my local dealer had a friendly sales rep on the floor that would ping the car and tell me where it was in transit etc. when I lived in NY. He really was great! I find the online or reps you speak to on the phone don't give out much information. I did find out my cars birthday when my VIN was assigned and that it had HDW4 though. The dealer I will be picking it up from had a date of arrival on or about and scheduled me as I said I will be away for Thanksgiving week and of course, thats when it was coming in ugh. If you have a VIN you can try and reach out via the Tesla app messages and see if you can get more specifics.

When I bought my m3p in 2021 my local dealer had a friendly sales rep on the floor that would ping the car and tell me where it was in transit etc. when I lived in NY. He really was great! I find the online or reps you speak to on the phone don't give out much information. I did find out my cars birthday when my VIN was assigned and that it had HDW4 though. The dealer I will be picking it up from had a date of arrival on or about and scheduled me as I said I will be away for Thanksgiving week and of course, thats when it was coming in ugh. If you have a VIN you can try and reach out via the Tesla app messages and see if you can get more specifics.
thanks! yeah I'm away for about 10 days in the earlier in my estimated window. My sales rep said most likely around 27th (which would be ideal- nothing official though.) On the phone with delivery Tesla rep was less than helpful (very weird in fact). Thank you for the context and experience. Hoping for the best for both of us!

Reactions: 1.21gigawatt
If it helps when mine was due to arrive in the middle of the window Tesla assigned. Yes, Best of luck to us! I am excited to get mine as I sold my 21 M3p to Carvana and are sharing my wife's BMW gas powered car until then. Both are tough, sharing a car with your wife and driving a gas powered car...LOL. I'm sure it will work out, they want to deliver cars before the end of the year for the numbers.

LOL yes indeed :) I may know this feeling ... got in a wreck at the end of Sept!
Oh how did you find that it had harware 4 from the vin?
I found out from the person who set my appointment at the Tesla dealer, had her look up the vin to see. If it wasn't HDW4 I would have passed on it and waited for another. Try and send a message through your app and ask or call your sales advisor and ask, they can look it up. The vin doesn't give that info unfortunately. Most of the Y's coming from Fremont have been for a while from what I understand.

If you think you can afford MYLR and no benefit of owning rwd like incentive etc then MYLR is the best option between any tesla models in my opinion but... if better batteries start to show up from other brands ,it can make you regret about paying 4 -6 k extra or mylr
So I ordered a black RWD MY on October 26 (my birthday) and at first it said Nov - Dec but it just changed to Dec 1 - 31 now. I’m gutted. 😞
Which state?

If you think you can afford MYLR and no benefit of owning rwd like incentive etc then MYLR is the best option between any tesla models in my opinion but... if better batteries start to show up from other brands ,it can make you regret about paying 4 -6 k extra or mylr
So I ordered a black RWD MY on October 26 (my birthday) and at first it said Nov - Dec but it just changed to Dec 1 - 31 now. I’m gutted. 😞
Whic state?

An update to my original post (from the September/October waiting room thread).

Offered one delivery date (November 11th) on November 6th. I accepted the date, but asked Tesla if they could move me to another day (Saturday is for college football...) and they moved me to an earlier date (9th).

edit: Model Y LR 19" Grey Black interior
Took delivery Yesterday. Lubbock Texas delivery center was mostly deserted. Two people poking around at the display cars inside the showroom. Mine was the only car being delivered, so I had their full attention. Car was in good shape, paint was good, panels were good (or good enough for me, TINY bit of asymmetry with the right rear quarter panel, but after considering it and looking at a bunch of other cars they had I decided it was acceptable, especially since several of those other cars waiting to be delivered were much worse than mine), doors closed perfectly. They had cleaned and detailed the car before I picked it up. Since I had a two hour drive from the service center they offered to charge the car up to 100% SOC for me, which I appreciated because it meant I didn't have to mess with charging in the dark+rain. West texas is GROSS in the rain. Car had Continental all seasons on it.

Reactions: David99 and Alonzo
Took delivery Yesterday. Lubbock Texas delivery center was mostly deserted. Two people poking around at the display cars inside the showroom. Mine was the only car being delivered, so I had their full attention. Car was in good shape, paint was good, panels were good (or good enough for me, TINY bit of asymmetry with the right rear quarter panel, but after considering it and looking at a bunch of other cars they had I decided it was acceptable, especially since several of those other cars waiting to be delivered were much worse than mine), doors closed perfectly. They had cleaned and detailed the car before I picked it up. Since I had a two hour drive from the service center they offered to charge the car up to 100% SOC for me, which I appreciated because it meant I didn't have to mess with charging in the dark+rain. West texas is GROSS in the rain. Car had Continental all seasons on it.
Thanks for the update. Was this an Austin build? Does it for sure have HW4?

I'm looking at an inventory vehicle manufactured 11-7-23 in Austin. Sales associate could/would not tell me if it has HW4, says it is against Tesla policy since no formal announcement has come from Tesla on this equipment. I know that Austin was putting HW4 on MYLR starting in August, doesn't mean they could not have gone back to HW3.

Can anyone explain a simple way to tell the difference between HW3 and HW4 by looking at the side cameras?

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Was this an Austin build? Does it for sure have HW4?

I'm looking at an inventory vehicle manufactured 11-7-23 in Austin. Sales associate could/would not tell me if it has HW4, says it is against Tesla policy since no formal announcement has come from Tesla on this equipment. I know that Austin was putting HW4 on MYLR starting in August, doesn't mean they could not have gone back to HW3.

Can anyone explain a simple way to tell the difference between HW3 and HW4 by looking at the side cameras?

Thanks.
Fremont. Both the delivery advisor and I were surprised that the car was a Fremont build, he told me most of the cars they get come from Austin. It does not have USS, and I had to agree to the Tesla Vision terms before I could accept delivery, lenses on the cameras have a slight red tint to them. I am pretty certain it's HW4.

Edit: I haven't seen anyone say there are HW3 cars being built in the US any longer, but I could have missed it.

Reactions: Alonzo
If you are in California, don't order unless you are able to pick up pretty much instantly. I called and asked if I should place an order now even though it was 10 days before I could pick it up. He said I should go ahead. So I did. 2 days after I placed my order I get a message that I have one more day before my car gets reassigned and I lose my spot.
I was able to clarify with another person today that they can put a freeze on my order and I can go into my account and release it just before I am ready to pick it up. I'm a bit nervous now that this will mess up the FUSC transfer...

Reactions: amoney805