Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks and same!! Definitely crossing fingers here for us both…will report back.
All went very well today had an amazing person who let me check everything before I had to do paperwork. Nothing major. A few small things that I can’t tell if it’s basic cleaning or a scuff on the plating. Either way drove great. Quiet cabin - great sound - and overall good delivery day.

Also very surreal I have a model y. Long journey but here I am.
Looking forward to your report.

Reactions: Cjaysmom52
All went very well today had an amazing person who let me check everything before I had to do paperwork. Nothing major. A few small things that I can’t tell if it’s basic cleaning or a scuff on the plating. Either way drove great. Quiet cabin - great sound - and overall good delivery day.

Also very surreal I have a model y. Long journey but here I am.
Looking forward to your report.
Glad to hear it! Can’t wait until Sunday to pick up mine! Congrats!

Awesome! Congratulations, Tuesday can't come fast enough for me.

I would obviously like to take advantage of the discounts that popped 4 days before picking up the first brand new car I have ever bought myself, but I have already secured financing so don't want to change the VIN number. It would be a huge hassle getting back to the CU where I financed. I would need to go into a branch location where the closest is a 2.5 hour drive each way, day off of work, possible delay on car delivery....... Hoping I can call the local sales department and see what they can do for me if anything, keep the VIN and financed amount and just drop the down payment. I'll update and let y'all know how I make out.

Awesome! Congratulations, Tuesday can't come fast enough for me.
Replying to myself...... Got a notice today the MY LR I ordered is running late. Pushed delivery back somewhere between 4-10 days........ Not only that, there are no other available cars to switch to in my area and there are no pricing adjustments to be had.

Very hesitant to cancel and re-order, saving $3,000 now and potentially losing $7,500 in a month is a gamble

Reactions: David99
Replying to myself...... Got a notice today the MY LR I ordered is running late. Pushed delivery back somewhere between 4-10 days........ Not only that, there are no other available cars to switch to in my area and there are no pricing adjustments to be had.

Very hesitant to cancel and re-order, saving $3,000 now and potentially losing $7,500 in a month is a gamble
Yeah I thought with the large amount of inventory around the country I would be seeing lots of deals for the LR, but so far very little is coming up, and for my minimum spec (LR, white interior) nothing cheaper than the $48,500 I got. Dec 4 delivery so far.

Went to dealer this morning for delivery appointment under the new VIN. Things went much smoother this time. Car ready at appointment time and the CSR allowed us to inspect both outside and inside. Couldn’t find any obvious issue. In and out of the dealership in half an hour. Already drove the car over 50 miles today. Cabin is quiet even on highway, audio system is much better than my other cars. Tried self driving on highway and the auto lane change worked well. Already had the wall charger installed at home and a few common accessories (all weather floor mats, AC vent, …) installed once I got home. First Tesla in our house and will be for wife to commute to work most of the time.

Picked up mine today! Car was perfect! Drove 160 miles home to Myrtle from Matthews NC dealership. Got to see the Cyber Truck on display in the showroom!!! It looked amazing!
IMG_0657.jpeg

Picked up mine today! Car was perfect! Drove 160 miles home to Myrtle from Matthews NC dealership. Got to see the Cyber Truck on display in the showroom!!! It looked amazing!View attachment 993940
Congrats! Looks so good! So happy your delivery went well and you made it home with a smile on your face!

Not that you need what's in the RWD but here is my delivery experience as well.

Reactions: 1.21gigawatt
How do they handle/transfer the financing? Did you already secure financing before your pickup day?
I had made a Plaid payment of $21K, was planning to pay the rest with a check from Navy Fed. Apparently they’ve transferred the 21K from my old order to my new order. Waiting for my new orders balance to reflect it. Pick up is Saturday so I’m nervous.

General question, how long does it take for the Make Final Payment button to light up? It’s Tuesday and my delivery is Saturday. I still am unable to make a payment.
I had to call and get a final figure, the app was constantly behind. When I arrived to accept delivery, the app still showed that I owed money. The SA got on the phone and confirmed full payment had been done. Tesla depends heavily on the automated system which depends heavily on humans to input data which doesn't always get done in a timely manner.

When in doubt, call them.

Ordered yesterday
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19 Gemini
Black Interior
Tow Hitch

Assigned VIN right away. 2023, Shanghai build.

EDD December 24th - Jan 1st. Hoping it will arrive a couple of days early. We travel on December 28th and I won’t be available for pickup until after Jan 5th if I can’t get it before Dec 24th.