Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are making me depressed, I'm currently stuck with a November EDD, a full year out from order.

Because of the price increases I really am not willing to change my configuration-- going to bigger wheels could possibly shave five months off of that. I could probably find someone willing to swap, no way I want those skinny tires with Boston potholes. (been there, done that, paid for the bent rims)

I also ordered a Red/White MYP performance (11/30). My EDD is similar at late January to mid February. The cost delta between the long range and performance just isn't that great, especially since I wanted the 20" wheels for the long range. Delivery times are MUCH faster, or at least appear to be.

I ordered my MYLR, Midnight Silver, 19" wheels, 5 seat, black interior on November 21, 2021. The initial EDD was for June 2022. Last week it changed to November 2022! This is frustrating. Does anyone know what's up?
You guys are making me depressed, I'm currently stuck with a November EDD, a full year out from order.
I would recommend validating your profiles to ensure they are complete. Make sure it's not waiting for payment. If so, just select cash for now, if you later need to change to Finance, this is easy to do before delivery and since Finance expires in 60 days, prevents having to be renewed and get another credit inquiry. November for sure sounds like something is missing from profile.

They must be focusing on the white interior right now then. I'm in the same boat as you as far as wanting to wait on delivery.
I really don't understand how Tesla is allocating cars or builds right now. There are people on here in my same area, taking delivery at the same location with the exact same build as me that ordered 2 weeks before me that are being quoted a full month after me for delivery and I'm being quoted a full month after what I was quoted when I ordered. Then there are other people who ordered a month after me that are getting cars delivered this week with the exact same build. Some (MYP) orders take 25 days and others take 90 or more and no one at Tesla can or will give any direction on what is going on. When I order a car from GM or Ford within 72 hours I've got a build week assigned and at least a month before build I've got an order sheet showing how the vehicle is getting from the factory to the local dealer. If there is an option that will delay the order they give me the chance to change it (like to different color seats for example) to eliminate the hold up. I just don't understand how Tesla being such a data and technology driven company can't get these easy things right.

I would recommend validating your profiles to ensure they are complete. Make sure it's not waiting for payment. If so, just select cash for now, if you later need to change to Finance, this is easy to do before delivery and since Finance expires in 60 days, prevents having to be renewed and get another credit inquiry. November for sure sounds like something is missing from profile.
I think I've done what needed to be done, selected cash from the start since that's how I'll pay for it. In the app it says "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks" and then under View "We're building your car, we'll notify you when it's time to schedule your delivery appointment". How would I know if something is missing?

Because of the price increases I really am not willing to change my configuration-- going to bigger wheels could possibly shave five months off of that. I could probably find someone willing to swap, no way I want those skinny tires with Boston potholes. (been there, done that, paid for the bent rims)
Try adding tow option. Adds $1000 but EDD goes from Nov to.July

I think I've done what needed to be done, selected cash from the start since that's how I'll pay for it. In the app it says "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks" and then under View "We're building your car, we'll notify you when it's time to schedule your delivery appointment". How would I know if something is missing?
Same here!

OD 11/20 MSM/Black/Tow/no FSD/Burbank

Modified date 12/8 Red/Black/Tow/No FSD

“February” estimate when ordering, my contact said likely sooner

A few days after OD: 12/20-12/31

1/3-1/31 (randomly can’t remember when)

12/22-12/31 (then got December delivery text on 12/16 responded “delay”, then “December”, they put me on hold till 1/5)

3/21-4/18 (yikes changed 12/18)

Sold my Model X

12/22-12/31 (changed 12/20)

12/25-12/31 (changed 12/22)

12/28-12/31 (changed 12/26)

I really don't understand how Tesla is allocating cars or builds right now. There are people on here in my same area, taking delivery at the same location with the exact same build as me that ordered 2 weeks before me that are being quoted a full month after me for delivery and I'm being quoted a full month after what I was quoted when I ordered. Then there are other people who ordered a month after me that are getting cars delivered this week with the exact same build. Some (MYP) orders take 25 days and others take 90 or more and no one at Tesla can or will give any direction on what is going on. When I order a car from GM or Ford within 72 hours I've got a build week assigned and at least a month before build I've got an order sheet showing how the vehicle is getting from the factory to the local dealer. If there is an option that will delay the order they give me the chance to change it (like to different color seats for example) to eliminate the hold up. I just don't understand how Tesla being such a data and technology driven company can't get these easy things right.
I'm sure the whole system is completely disoriented with folks putting orders on hold, taking them off, whatever, trying to game the tax credit. Hopefully now that it appears to be gone, at least for a while, things will settle down.

A nice surprise from Elon this morning-- my EDD moved from "November" to March 13- April 10!

Unfortunately further evidence they don't have a clue what's going on. I'm not holding my breath.
Same configuration as me, and pretty much same EDD. Considering that my profile was not completed until 11/1, yours seems to line up with what mine has been for most of the time. Probably will be same batch