Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 11/15 Original EDD June 2022. White on White MYLR from Texas. Order moved up to January in December. Then move to February- March late December. Now it’s July. I’ve watched every Modification/Accessory video that has ever been posted on YouTube. I’m ready for Model Y. I might be able to sign up for Tesla solar and get that installed by July. Idk. Hopefully the July model y will have some improvements that are worth the wait. Maybe the Texas can change there Dealer laws by then too. Idk

OD 11/15 Original EDD June 2022. White on White MYLR from Texas. Order moved up to January in December. Then move to February- March late December. Now it’s July. I’ve watched every Modification/Accessory video that has ever been posted on YouTube. I’m ready for Model Y. I might be able to sign up for Tesla solar and get that installed by July. Idk. Hopefully the July model y will have some improvements that are worth the wait. Maybe the Texas can change there Dealer laws by then too. Idk
Also in TX, I had the same change from March-April to July early this week.

Checked tonight and now it's 3/15-3/31. Unless its a color issue, yours may change again in the next few days. :)

Reactions: Jones1
lol I have watched days of model y YouTube videos, I am thinking realistically we will get the cars by March

OD 11/15 Original EDD June 2022. White on White MYLR 20 inch 5 Seat from Texas. Checked last night after I read the replies in this thread. Nothing moved. Woke up this morning and now I see April 1-29. I’ll take it. 😆. When you tell family or co worker’s you are buying a Tesla. They ask you when are you getting it. I’ve learned now. It’s best not to say anything. Until you actually have it. This will be my first Tesla. I made a rookie mistake. Telling everyone about my order. Next time I’ll just drive up on them. Or not. 😆

Last edited:
All the EDD shifting leaves me with a couple of questions since we need to have two cars in our house. At what point is it considered best practice to sell the old car and switch from cash to third party financing? Thinking this is probably not something that needs to be dealt with until we have a VIN?

All the EDD shifting leaves me with a couple of questions since we need to have two cars in our house. At what point is it considered best practice to sell the old car and switch from cash to third party financing? Thinking this is probably not something that needs to be dealt with until we have a VIN?
Based on what I’ve read on forums from others experience, you can switch to third party financing after getting the VIN. I also know that it depends on what state you live in. I know in Texas the vehicle has to be financed or paid for in cash before shipping. Also seen that after receiving a VIN, you can expect delivery within a two week timeframe sometimes even sooner.

Based on what I’ve read on forums from others experience, you can switch to third party financing after getting the VIN. I also know that it depends on what state you live in. I know in Texas the vehicle has to be financed or paid for in cash before shipping. Also seen that after receiving a VIN, you can expect delivery within a two week timeframe sometimes even sooner.
Thanks! Seems pretty straightforward and since I live near a service center probably easy to drop by and take care of the switch - or, if things keep moving up, hold. Really don’t want delivery before May but know that makes me the oddball around here! 😁

Thanks! Seems pretty straightforward and since I live near a service center probably easy to drop by and take care of the switch - or, if things keep moving up, hold. Really don’t want delivery before May but know that makes me the oddball around here! 😁
Lol how can you live like this, I honestly would be completely fine with a delay as well if it meant getting the new 4680 battery pack

Beat practice for selling the old car is once you get home with the new Tesla. Not even kidding. I'm an Aug order date and have read people get VINs, lose VINs, have delivery scheduled, then don't. Complete mess for anyone that doesn't have unlimited free time/flexibility and $65k under their mattress. I had EDDs in Oct, then Nov, then over Thanksgiving, then Dec, then Jan 8-Feb 5, now Jan 12-Feb 9. I've had 4 week windows, I've had 2-3 week windows. I've entered windows. And here I am, Jan 12 - Feb 9 about to enter another.

Reactions: AZTech
Beat practice for selling the old car is once you get home with the new Tesla. Not even kidding. I'm an Aug order date and have read people get VINs, lose VINs, have delivery scheduled, then don't. Complete mess for anyone that doesn't have unlimited free time/flexibility and $65k under their mattress. I had EDDs in Oct, then Nov, then over Thanksgiving, then Dec, then Jan 8-Feb 5, now Jan 12-Feb 9. I've had 4 week windows, I've had 2-3 week windows. I've entered windows. And here I am, Jan 12 - Feb 9 about to enter another.
Alternatively, if you are getting decent value from Tesla as a trade-in, that works as well. Then you can save some on taxes as well.

What a s**tshow. Lol why is waiting for this damn car the hardest thing I've ever done?

What a s**tshow. Lol why is waiting for this damn car the hardest thing I've ever done?
My option: they've outgrown some things a startup has to cater in order to gain their foothold has to do... like order holds, which when people are coming and going off/on holds their system isn't able to handle the virtually limitless changes to the system. If that's so, they need to address it or hope that the giga TX capacity jump desensitizes the system/impacts of that. I would expect Tesla to be studying the reason people like me are approaching 160 days OD and looking to fix it, but just as likely in my mind they literally couldn't care less why. The answer lies in if they've continued any process improvement efforts after they were starting to target (strong arm / cancel) old orders on hold when they tax credit circus was in town or just have gone back to business as usual.

Between tax credits, upgrades, and well intended holds, seems like the system is overwhelmed. I also think their fast growth has put then out over their ski tips in terms of the customer experience and general O&M support infrastructure. SAs, more often than not more detrimental than useful (3,000 different stories on the AMD cutover for instance), and when people are waiting weeks for service appointments to them wait weeks for a repair, the model is unsustainable as-is. All that combined with becoming more mainstream/having mass appeal growing means people are going to be less likely to accept their take-it-or-leave it mindset (average buyer is less likely to a fanboi blindly accepting the sugarsandwich they are being forcefeed while asking for another). Again, with TX coming online I expect the current supply/demand curves to converge then swap... at the same time other makers are coming to market. I could be wrong, but Tesla as a company has earned their big-boy pants, they need to accept and grow into them to maintain their position or maybe even survive. 🤷‍♂️.

tl;dr: The number of people accepting Tesla's force fed sugar sandwiches is declining when Tesla's productuon capacity is increasing, and even the ones that have eaten the sandwich are significantly less likely to eat another one when the time comes to buy their next car... if sugar sandwiches is still the name of Tesla's game, they're likely to have issues long term.