Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DCU 65 months is 1.75% i believe with auto pay and EV discount.
Ok. So do you or anyone else. Know how difficult it is to switch the financing to DCU? I’m in Texas. We don’t have our Tax TL included in our purchase. If I could get @ 2 or under 2%. Then It would be worth it to switch. 3% or a high 2.9 % Is only a $1000 over 5 years. Vs a 3.24% Really not worth my trouble. Also is there a membership fee for DCU?

Interested in the responses for this.....i have 3.24% rn with tesla but looking at others!
Yes. -1.0 is worth the Switch. .25-.5 isn’t. In My opinion over a loan of 5 years. It’s less than $1500. 3.24 is pretty damn good right now. For not being a credit union chase and BOA are in the high 3% to 4%.

Reactions: canasion35
I guess I’m a little nervous. This is my first Tesla. I’m still use to haggling. Threatening to leave. Telling the Dealership. I’ll buy a ford. I don’t want your Toyota. 😂. Maybe my next Tesla. Hopefully the CyberTruck. I will be a savy loan finder. I just applied for TDECU. They say the rate starts at 2.49%. I was always use to getting a low rate. Because of my Credit Score.

Ok. Thanks. I’m using Tesla Financing BMO 3.24%. What is the lowest rate with DCU? I see 3% with a discount on EV.
Tesla gave me the same rate with Wells Fargo Auto. I received 2.49% from DCU which includes the EV discount. There is another .50% discount for direct deposit into the account which I have not decided whether I want to do.

Here is an old thread on DCU prior to some of the rate hikes:

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1 and afscotch
@Jones1 - congrats! My EDD is still sitting at 5/13-5/27. I've threatened to order a Suburu or Lexus EV, but I guess I'll try Audi Etron. Hoping the floodgates open tomorrow. No luck in getting a response from Tesla text today. Really hoping for a 5/13 delivery since I will be out of town all of next week.

Reactions: Jones1
Hi Lurking here on TMC for past few weeks. Seeing some happy action on my red model Y order since past couple of weeks. OD-11/3. Assigned a VIN F419xxx on 4/27. They internally scheduled delivery on 5/5 (in NY) but cancelled saying they need more time for 'inspection'! Assuming it might have something to do with the charge port part issue I'm reading about. My 5 day edd window keeps inching now a day at a time (may 9-may 13 today)
I was supposed to take delivery last week and got charge ported!! My Tesla rep texted today that the part is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed that we can pick up tomorrow! I’m not holding my breath though haha at this point I’ve died 100s of times holding it.

And just like that, a few hours later, just got my text that I VINed.
Got a text and an email tonight to schedule appointment to pick up the car. EDD has been 5/17-22 since shortly before getting the VIN assigned Friday night. Anyways 5/18-19-20 were available, picked the 18th.

I had called our local store on Saturday to ask a question about registration and payment and got a very nice guy on the phone. He started telling me how to change the registration name in the app and then just said, hey just email me your wife’s drivers license and I’ll do it for you here, it will be super easy for me. I was like, man, it’s so refreshing to get a human being to respond to you at Tesla - he laughed. Emailed him, he emailed back a few mins later.

Reactions: Jones1
@Jones1 - congrats! My EDD is still sitting at 5/13-5/27. I've threatened to order a Suburu or Lexus EV, but I guess I'll try Audi Etron. Hoping the floodgates open tomorrow. No luck in getting a response from Tesla text today. Really hoping for a 5/13 delivery since I will be out of town all of next week.
You will probably get the Vin this week. Thursday or Friday.