Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nov 2021 pricing should be better than anyone buying today and getting the $7500 tax credit. As crazy as it sounds, the best bang for the buck will be a 2023+ plug-in hybrid with at least 7kw battery.

There'll be some pressure for the legislature to increase the proposed $55k or Tesla to drop Model 3 pricing.
With us folks who placed the order last year and still no delivery in sight, doesn't it just make sense to put order on hold and get the car in 2023 so that you can sweeten the pot with the tax credit?

• Love
Reactions: Aviateur17
With us folks who placed the order last year and still no delivery in sight, doesn't it just make sense to put order on hold and get the car in 2023 so that you can sweeten the pot with the tax credit?
Good luck with trying that, Tesla doesn't play those reindeer games anymore. (They'll just cancel your order after being on hold for a little bit, or rejecting the second vehicle you are assigned.)

We went through this last year, where people put off their purchase to 2022 hoping for the tax credit, and there was none. Who knows if this will even pass, or what it will look like when it does.

Is it worth risking losing your current pricing to try to get the rebate?

Reactions: AZTech
Good luck with trying that, Tesla doesn't play those reindeer games anymore. (They'll just cancel your order after being on hold for a little bit, or rejecting the second vehicle you are assigned.)

We went through this last year, where people put off their purchase to 2022 hoping for the tax credit, and there was none. Who knows if this will even pass, or what it will look like when it does.

Is it worth risking losing your current pricing to try to get the rebate?
Right, makes sense, it'd be a tragedy to lose current pricing. Things looked less real than they do now. I'm not going to put my order on hold (since I'm still in the 5 week edd period and the law is yet to pass) right now. Once there's more news, I'll try to see what's the max I can put my order on hold for. 7500 isn't a small amount. We'll see how it goes, worth a shot.

Right, makes sense, it'd be a tragedy to lose current pricing. Things looked less real than they do now. I'm not going to put my order on hold (since I'm still in the 5 week edd period and the law is yet to pass) right now. Once there's more news, I'll try to see what's the max I can put my order on hold for. 7500 isn't a small amount. We'll see how it goes, worth a shot.
Won't work postponing a current order.

For Tesla, because they don't have any "current" rebates, as it reads, the new rebates won't be activated unless it's ordered after the bill passes and delivered in 2023, or ordered/fulfilled in 2023.

Reactions: dgbehrends
Depressed....on July 25 I was TWO DAYS from entering my July 27-August 10 EDD window....then it got changed to September 20-October 25. What is going on? MYLR, no options.
ALSO, anyone know if current Tesla's are being built with the much better Samsung cameras?

Depressed....on July 25 I was TWO DAYS from entering my July 27-August 10 EDD window....then it got changed to September 20-October 25. What is going on? MYLR, no options.
ALSO, anyone know if current Tesla's are being built with the much better Samsung cameras?
It happened to me and most of the people here. dont know what is going on? they push exactly 5 weeks from the 2 week window

Well, I was starting to think this day would never come, but this morning I had the Schedule Delivery email in my inbox and a VIN when I opened the Tesla app!!! It's a Fremont build and since I'm currently on a business trip, I scheduled it for home delivery Friday morning so I can play with it this weekend. 😎 (Configuration is in my sig if you turn your phone sideways. 😉)

EDD was recently pushed out a couple days, so I was on my 6th 2-week window and figured it would be pushed out yet again. Here's my history of EDDs. 16th time is the charm apparently (* indicates a 2-week or smaller delivery window):

1 - Mar 16-Apr 13
2 - Mar 17-Apr 14
3 -July
4 - Apr 20-May 18
5 - May 18-June 15
6 - Aug 8-Sept 19
7 - May 2-13*
8 - May 6-15*
9 - Jun 16-Jul 17
10 - Jun 7-Jul 5
11 - Jun 13-27*
12 - Jul 16-Aug 20
13 - Jul 24-Aug 21
14 - July 22 - Aug 5*
15 - July 29 - Aug 12*
16 - Aug 3-12*

There's talk about the potential tax credit, and whether you should put a hold on your order, but at this point who knows if it even passes. I'm planning to accept delivery and just be happy to finally have a Tesla in my garage at long last!

There's talk about the potential tax credit, and whether you should put a hold on your order, but at this point who knows if it even passes. I'm planning to accept delivery and just be happy to finally have a Tesla in my garage at long last!
Yep, in this case a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Sounds like Sen Sinema will get the last laugh. Some reports she might not support the elimination of the carried interest loophole. It's hard to believe that loophole still exists. I guess they could tweak the bill by taxing big companies slightly more to offset the lost revenue but that might lose support from other Senators.

Reactions: AZTech