Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NXP bluebox achive level 4 autonomy driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are looking at things wrong. Tesla is the only car that has decent type of autonomy on the road (way better than adaptive cruise control and lane departure). All these other cars that are waiting till 2020 to release are still working on autonomy. Think about what tesla is probably working on that we are completely unaware of. I am pretty sure they have fully autonomous teslas just not available to the public for legal issues.
Eloder is 100% correct if everyone is doing so good with autonomy why don't they have at least tesla level autonomy on the roads. Personally I love my ap it works great for my commute I am happy I didn't wait till "2020"

well, Tesla doesn't make chip nor sensor for autonomy driving. Tesla depend on other supply that.
there are only three company working on autonomy system: mobieye, Nvidia and NXP. (google using a big spin radar, no practical).
I believe Tesla is using Mobieye system today.

remember Elon talks: high way driving is easy, city is difficulty, actually very difficult. so level 2(tesla today) is easy, Level 4 is Difficult

Tesla is not the first to release autonomy driving, Mercedes S Class roll it out 2014 already, about one year ahead of tesla.

Mercedes system is not up gradable over the air, nor they allow hand free more than 15 second. but that is purely a decision of Mercedes.

I believe Mercedes using NXP solution, NXP provide level 1,2 system for over 30 million car around the world. today, Mercedes system is better than tesla in some area Today, like prdestrain recognition

certainly no one stop here, everyone will race to the level 4 or 5. obviously, most of the car makers using one of three.Mobileye, Nvidia, NXP solution,

and today, NXP is the best of the three:

they are the one has the complete system, including sensor, chip, software, and it is open plateform.
their system is the most cost effective and low power. Nvidia driverX burn 250W, while NXP 40w which is fanless. low power mean reliable.
they are the provider of Advance Driver system to auto industry for the passing year, that tells a lot

the question is if NXP want to support tesla since their volume is so low. they only made 50,000 while other made million

Apple Supplier NXP May Beat Tesla Partner Nvidia To Autonomous Car