Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC GARAGES W/CHARGING

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of them do, are you looking for a Tesla specific charger? A L2? etc.?

Plugshare is a good resource. Bestparking is also a good resource.
Between the 2, you can find the garage and determine whether they have charging stations.

It looks like 3 around you will have Tesla HPWC:

The closest is GMC Copley Parking at W68th, and further away Rapidpark on W72nd, GGMC Parking on W66th,

Lots of them do, are you looking for a Tesla specific charger? A L2? etc.?

Plugshare is a good resource. Bestparking is also a good resource.
Between the 2, you can find the garage and determine whether they have charging stations.

It looks like 3 around you will have Tesla HPWC:

The closest is GMC Copley Parking at W68th, and further away Rapidpark on W72nd, GGMC Parking on W66th,
I need more specific info than what plugshare can offer, long term availability, open 24/7, rates, quality of the garage. I seeking someone with hands on knowledge, if they exist.

I need more specific info than what plugshare can offer, long term availability, open 24/7, rates, quality of the garage. I seeking someone with hands on knowledge, if they exist.

That’s what bestparking is for....

Example: GMC Copley Garage is only open 24 on the weekends. Rates are available etc. along with pictures.

Can’t give you hands on review, but that at least fills in some of your questions

I haven't stayed here for some years, but one of my friends keeps his car here and has for a long time.
He iis quite selective in everything he does.
Copley - Monthly parking in New York City, Cheap Parking & Discount Parking Location & Rates
I do not know their monthly rates but the link has their number.
FWIW, choosing someplace less convenient will save lots of money., but you already know that.
that looks like it would fill the bill! If I take the apt. that would be very convenient, I am still debating on whether I'd take the car there or not.

that looks like it would fill the bill! If I take the apt. that would be very convenient, I am still debating on whether I'd take the car there or not.
If you do it, keeping the car is always a question. I have lived in NYC four times, for 3-4 years each time. I always have had cars, usually insanely expensive ones. I used my cars on weekends mostly, but nearly all weekends. I also used my own car to visit places like The Cloisters and other such remote locations. It is ridiculous to keep your own car there, but rentals there are almost always fairly beat up and not really very nice. Frankly, I used the same garage for nearly 30 years, from my first time to the last. These days the good ones, including GMC, go out of their way to promote BEV's and destination chargers are all over, as they are at Copley. NYC is full of Teslas.My last trip I had to have some service so I went to Paramus, probably because I am habituated to leave the city for any car service and Route 17 usually had the people I used. Paramus treated me wonderfully and dealt with my problem immediately without an appointment, even gave me a loaner to go have lunch while they worked. Of course Tesla now has Brooklyn a location I do not know.

That is probably too OT for the situation, but, from your posts I sense you're rather fanatical about your car. If so you should keep it. You can certainly negotiate regular charging and maybe even a 120 outlet plugged in all the time. My last stop I stayed at my old garage and they did let me remain connected to a 120v all the time I was there. It's less likely they'd let you have permanent connection to a Destination charger.

GMC does have special rates for BEV's but I do not know what they are. BTW, personally going is better than calling in my experience with Midtown/Downtown. Just make certain you go during the middle of the week, preferably at 10:00-11:00 when the managers are there but less busy.

Good luck!

If you do it, keeping the car is always a question. I have lived in NYC four times, for 3-4 years each time. I always have had cars, usually insanely expensive ones. I used my cars on weekends mostly, but nearly all weekends. I also used my own car to visit places like The Cloisters and other such remote locations. It is ridiculous to keep your own car there, but rentals there are almost always fairly beat up and not really very nice. Frankly, I used the same garage for nearly 30 years, from my first time to the last. These days the good ones, including GMC, go out of their way to promote BEV's and destination chargers are all over, as they are at Copley. NYC is full of Teslas.My last trip I had to have some service so I went to Paramus, probably because I am habituated to leave the city for any car service and Route 17 usually had the people I used. Paramus treated me wonderfully and dealt with my problem immediately without an appointment, even gave me a loaner to go have lunch while they worked. Of course Tesla now has Brooklyn a location I do not know.

That is probably too OT for the situation, but, from your posts I sense you're rather fanatical about your car. If so you should keep it. You can certainly negotiate regular charging and maybe even a 120 outlet plugged in all the time. My last stop I stayed at my old garage and they did let me remain connected to a 120v all the time I was there. It's less likely they'd let you have permanent connection to a Destination charger.

GMC does have special rates for BEV's but I do not know what they are. BTW, personally going is better than calling in my experience with Midtown/Downtown. Just make certain you go during the middle of the week, preferably at 10:00-11:00 when the managers are there but less busy.

Good luck!
I am not moving to NYC on a permanent basis, just for the summer months and visits at other times of the year, for the shorter visits I wouldn't drive there but if I'm there for 1-3 months I'd like having the car available. I lived in NYC for a long time in my younger days and I did it a bit unconventionally. I actually commuted with the car daily, I parked on the street overnights and paid for parking at work near wall st. It worked out well most of the time. the only imperative was to have the car off the streets by 8 am on weekdays do days off were problematic. As for charging, a plug in to a 110 would probably cover my needs.
I'll be up there next week and I'll be sure to visit the garage.

Hi - I am moving to NYC and wondering what are the most cost effective monthly parking options with EV charging and EV charging without monthly parking (where I can charge if I get parking without EV charging).

Hi - I am moving to NYC and wondering what are the most cost effective monthly parking options with EV charging and EV charging without monthly parking (where I can charge if I get parking without EV charging).

I live in NYC and have been using these options - all these are charged options (cheaper to expensive)

1. Newport Mall - Jersey City (we go to NJ often)
2. Brooklyn - Atlantic Ave or Williamsburg or Museum
3. Two Super Charger garages in Chinatown