Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I technically have my appointment still set for Monday at 10am to take delivery but the truck that's supposed to be delivering is definitely delayed so now they're saying "fingers crossed we can get it to you be the beginning of next week." Still thankful that it's finally happening but damn. Tesla has so many issues. Lol

Reactions: aguzzi17
Been texting with the number I got the trade-in text from.
They confirmed today my MYLR would have amd, heated wipers, and all weather kit.
Still no VIN and EDD is still april 23-may 06.
Did tell them I was travelling from april 30-may 22 and they had said they had made a note of it.

Applied for financing 2 days back and just realised yesterday I hadn't accepted the financing.

Anyone getting more impatient as the delivery draws near? 😂

We saw the updated page a couple days ago, and before the consensus settled on it not meaning anything new, my wife called our local service center. They gave her mostly boilerplate answers: the dates could still change, no specific info yet, VINs generally go out 5-10 days ahead of delivery. Our dates have held steady at 5/6-6/3 since late February.

I think our kids are more impatient than we are. They both recently got their licenses, and 3 people sharing 1 car can be ... logistically difficult. (We won't let the kids drive the S on their own, and my wife just generally doesn't want to drive it, so I get it all to myself.)

Reactions: Tezla. and aguzzi17
You can add FSD. But you can’t remove it once you receive your VIN. Instead of adding FSD. Go with MYP. You pay only 5k more instead of 12. 27 miles range deficient isn’t that much tbh
If he’s an Oct OD it may or may not be too late for MYP to help and instead it may hurt unless EDD is several months away. Ive asked three different SAs about this and they also counsel not switching as it would kick me to the back of a different cue. The cue may be shorter, they said but Im prob closer to the front of the MYLR one.

I got tradein text in Feb, tradin accepted end of February and then all vanished end of March beginning April when EDD slipped from Mar 19-mid April to September.
Now again back into 2 week window of Apr 28-May12.
Tradin would open again after VIN assignment as per SA.

So ...struggling with what to do about Tesla here. Hoping someone may have some ideas.

In February we were given a 10 day window. Because it was assumed by everyone on here at the time that this meant an impending VIN assignment we applied for financing for the second time (the first time nobody at Tesla told us that financing would expire well before we would get a delivery or that we could change payment terms after the order was made). Now we are saddled again with our financing expiring after again losing our 2 week window just days before the expiration.

The questions are:

Does anyone know if these are soft or hard inquiries?
How ruined is our credit going to be?
Is there a way to expunge these inquiries since Tesla KNEW they would never deliver in time?
Is there any way to extend the financing details so our credit isn't run again for the THIRD time?

We are buying a house in December and are very concerned with the state of our credit to do so at this point.

Obviously we know this now but for anyone new here, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT apply for any financing until you have a VIN.

Thanks to Tesla for making this one of the most frustrating purchasing decisions in my entire life. Get your sh*t together please!?!?

Last edited:
just entering the week of EDD and the range got pushed off again May 6 to May 20, that runs straight through expiration of my financing, I applied 3 times now so I think my credit is getting ruined each time. Im not surprised, I let Tesla build my excitement until the last minute and BAM pushed off again

just entering the week of EDD and the range got pushed off again May 6 to May 20, that runs straight through expiration of my financing, I applied 3 times now so I think my credit is getting ruined each time. Im not surprised, I let Tesla build my excitement until the last minute and BAM pushed off again
I would not apply for financing. The best thing to do is set your payment to cash and when you get a VIN contact your SA or Tesla support to switch it to financing.