Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just entering the week of EDD and the range got pushed off again May 6 to May 20, that runs straight through expiration of my financing, I applied 3 times now so I think my credit is getting ruined each time. Im not surprised, I let Tesla build my excitement until the last minute and BAM pushed off again
Set financing to cash. No need to have your credit ran until you have a VIN.

Gonna go out on a ledge here and assume the texts you get from Tesla are bots. Has anyone had luck with a number to call and talk to a human? Not looking for an exact date, maybe just an idea of whether it will be 1, 2, 4 or 6 more months??

Gonna go out on a ledge here and assume the texts you get from Tesla are bots. Has anyone had luck with a number to call and talk to a human? Not looking for an exact date, maybe just an idea of whether it will be 1, 2, 4 or 6 more months??
When i call my local Tesla , a call center answers instead of the people at the local store (i assume they're rerouting the calls because the local stores are getting a ton of calls.) But i was able to speak with a human both times. However they won't be able to give you any definitive timeline other than what you see on the app. It feels like they don't know or are instructed not to say much beyond what the customer can see in a form of EDD

Reactions: advocate8
Well, when I placed order in October EDD was generic April which quickly changed to end of FEB-March. When I got to Feb EDD window it changed to End of April-May. So original EDD was pretty good guess. With all the craziness going on in the world I assume car will be delivered at the end of May best scenario and end of June worth. But no one knows for sure.

Not for me. I have been texting on-off from the number I got the text from. Doesn't come across as bot to me

With a EDD still of April20-May25, I got this text message today from a 508 area code (Massachusetts and I live in California) . Is it just some Automated message? I tried responding asking if a VIN will be assigned soon, but no response.

Hi Jeff, if you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model Y delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon

With a EDD still of April20-May25, I got this text message today from a 508 area code (Massachusetts and I live in California) . Is it just some Automated message? I tried responding asking if a VIN will be assigned soon, but no response.
Hate to burst any bubbles but we got this text as well, then lost our 2 week EDD and pushed out 3 more weeks to a month EDD two days later.

So ...struggling with what to do about Tesla here. Hoping someone may have some ideas.

In February we were given a 10 day window. Because it was assumed by everyone on here at the time that this meant an impending VIN assignment we applied for financing for the second time (the first time nobody at Tesla told us that financing would expire well before we would get a delivery or that we could change payment terms after the order was made). Now we are saddled again with our financing expiring after again losing our 2 week window just days before the expiration.

The questions are:

Does anyone know if these are soft or hard inquiries?
How ruined is our credit going to be?
Is there a way to expunge these inquiries since Tesla KNEW they would never deliver in time?
Is there any way to extend the financing details so our credit isn't run again for the THIRD time?

We are buying a house in December and are very concerned with the state of our credit to do so at this point.

Obviously we know this now but for anyone new here, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT apply for any financing until you have a VIN.

Thanks to Tesla for making this one of the most frustrating purchasing decisions in my entire life. Get your sh*t together please!?!?
Just set your payment info to Cash and don't worry about things. When you get a VIN assigned for real, you can call and ask to be switched to financing and then sort out your own finances or work with Tesla to get it squared away. It is quite ridiculous that Tesla still keeps making credit pulls on customer accounts when they are nowhere near ready to make a delivery.

Hate to burst any bubbles but we got this text as well, then lost our 2 week EDD and pushed out 3 more weeks to a month EDD two days later.
same thing happened to me in March. I had a 3 day window of March 29-31...got that email when i was about two weeks away...then boom...i was Late April to Late May. Just got my first two week window...and got my first actual phone call from my delivery center. Hoping that's better...but i still don't believe anything until i see a VIN. I've become quite the pessimist since ordering a Tesla!